ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITV HD

dk

911 GTS Cab
Waste of time really, you can't record it, it's a pain in the ass to get to and there's about 4 programmes a week broadcast in HD. Oh and I'm sure this is a repost ;-)

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
Waste of time really, you can't record it, it's a pain in the ass to get to and there's about 4 programmes a week broadcast in HD. Oh and I'm sure this is a repost ;-)

Was there any point in posting? If you dont want the channel...dont add it...

As mentioned, its well worth it for the upcoming CL stuff...

How is it crap exactly?

You get an extra HD channel for free by pressing a few buttons.

Just because it doesn't have Emmerdale in HD, no need to get arsey.

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
Just tried it for again (was still saved from the last time, but gave it another go) and I still just get 'No satellite signal is being received'.

Pretty sure i've read somewhere that it won't work in certain parts of the country.

dk

911 GTS Cab
How is it crap exactly?

You get an extra HD channel for free by pressing a few buttons.

Just because it doesn't have Emmerdale in HD, no need to get arsey.
Because there is rarely anything ever on it!

There's loads of stuff on all the other HD channels, itvhd, I am all too familiar with the itvhd logo and no programme being broadcast on the channel.

Plus, like I said above, there is no epg info for it, it's a pain getting te channel up and on the rare ocassion when there is something on it, you can't record it if you need too.

Just too much hassle.

That's why.

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
I just want it for the Champions League games that Sky Sports HD don't get. ITV's SD pic is pish for football.

182 FF
I got it just for the ITV only Champ League games, for two minutes sorting it out is worth it instead of 90+ minutes watching on normal tv. Watch all my football in HD.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Just tried it for again (was still saved from the last time, but gave it another go) and I still just get 'No satellite signal is being received'.

Pretty sure i've read somewhere that it won't work in certain parts of the country.

It is broadcast using the same satellite as the other Sky/Freesat channels so is available to all dishes pointing towards 28.5E, you may have a dish alignment problem which is stopping you receiving the channel.

Last edited:
  172 ph-quick
cheers mate, as said ill only be using it for the footy i couldnt get otherwise, but terminator 2 coming up this week, should be good in hd.

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
Because there is rarely anything ever on it!

There's loads of stuff on all the other HD channels, itvhd, I am all too familiar with the itvhd logo and no programme being broadcast on the channel.

Plus, like I said above, there is no epg info for it, it's a pain getting te channel up and on the rare ocassion when there is something on it, you can't record it if you need too.

Just too much hassle.

That's why.

Ill repeat what I said earlier, if you dont want the channel, dont add it...no one is forcing you...lol

If youre some kind of homo who doesnt like football, then I'd see why you dont like it...but dont worry, corry will be on there sooner or later...

Bottom line, free channel in HD...couldnt care if I used it once a month, its free...and you can record it, if you use the manual recording function....simples...

dk

911 GTS Cab
It's still crap, looked at the schedule on their website, it's laughable, 1 programme in HD each night.

You can't record it as it hasn't got a 3 digit channel number

and no, I don't like football, bunch of gay idiots chasing a pig skin around a field. I'm into manly sports like motorracing and ufc.

It is the worst HD channel bar none, it's not even a proper channel showing 1 HD programme a night.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Not really, I pay sky £65 a month for the privilege, my dad gets it for free on freesat.... And he even gets to record it!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Granted it's not great, but still can't complain.

Guessing can't record it as it's run as a 'red button' thing (on freesat anyway) and isn't an actual channel of it's own. to access you have ot press red button when on ITV.

There's not much on but if you're into footbal then can't be bad (I'm another gayer who isn't) and they show the odd film, T2 is on tomorrow night, Jaws 2 end of the week.

So for free I'm not complaining, sack paying £65 a month for tv :p

dk

911 GTS Cab
T2 is on and the picture is barely passable as HD, and it's in standard stereo sound, no 5.1, they really should try harder, I'm a massive HD fan, it's all I watch on sky but this just fails to impress on so many levels.

RIP Dan
Love it on Freesat, watch the footy etc when its on. Why wouldnt you have it for free and why would you moan about it...oh hang on its D"Mr Perfection"K

Pip, you must be an old c**t if you remember battle of the planets.

Always wanted the box set but it costs a fortune.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Did you not read my posts, it's not free, I pay sky £65 a month, to not get this 'free' channel and even after the hack it's useless as you can't record it and even when they have one of the greatest films ever in HD it's a poor picture for HD and is only in stereo sound. I just don't see what they are playing at, it's a poor effort.

dk

911 GTS Cab
well, the news you lot have all been waiting for, my favourite channel is launching properly on all formats!

from april 2 it will be on sky, virgin and freesat (as a proper channel, not red button)

so at least it won't be such a pain int he arse for sky viewers, especially with the world cup coming up, and we'll be able to record it!

Hopefully they will put a bit more effort in too and actually broadcast more than 3 programmes a week in HD!

Excellent. Just upgraded my pikey poor mans Freesat HD box to supertelly. Thought I'd lost this.

Worth it for the football and free!!!2

2014 Focus Titanium
£780 a year for Sky. f**k me, that's a bit much isn't it?

We pay £684 and that's for the full package + HD, and no I don't think its too much at all, the HD movies and sport are awesome, and I spend just as much on that as I do Taxing and Insuring my car and spend more hours watching Sky than I do driving!

I'm on Sky HD and added ITV HD a while ago :approve:, its worth doing just for the football alone, dont really care that they dont show much else, come to think of it I dont tend to watch too much ITV 1 anyhow suits me.

SLK250 CDI
well, the news you lot have all been waiting for, my favourite channel is launching properly on all formats!

from april 2 it will be on sky, virgin and freesat (as a proper channel, not red button)

so at least it won't be such a pain int he arse for sky viewers, especially with the world cup coming up, and we'll be able to record it!

Hopefully they will put a bit more effort in too and actually broadcast more than 3 programmes a week in HD!

Thank god for that.

Clio200 EDC Lux
added it ages ago, as said it crap as the programmes are very limited and not being able to record is a pain but as said it is free.

Go cry to your momma!
Looks like the first programme in HD on ITVHD will be king kong.

EPG number - 178