ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

its got 2 be done now i av money

I would go for the Subaru really!
Oh guys, the 'scooby type r' is the 2 door version of the type RA :approve:

Can't help with the spelling though.

Step 1: Buy a 172Cup because they're well rapid.

Step 2: Get rinsed by a BMW diesel sales rep.

Step 3: Buy supercharger.

Step 4: Crash.

172cup
i didnt say the clio is slow did i, iam just getting bored of the power and would like to supercharge it. i was thinking to sell up and buy a faster car but i do like the clio. soo f**k it lets do this but after all this slaging off on here i aint going to bother asking four your help...

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
The cheapest thing for you to do would be todrive round in a 1.0l corsa for a week. Your rs will feel like an f1 car afterwards.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Ignore everyone who is giving you s**t. If you want to do it then go for it... i haven't heard anyone who has done a turbo or supercharger saying they don't like it, plus it will be rapid.
I would imagine k-tec is your best bet. I saw one last weekend that I think was done at k-tec, it was spot on. The quality was great. The car was Ben_Stevo172's off here (http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=463149)

Like I said it was brilliant, although I think he is on his 2nd or 3rd box. So its worth thinking about the extra costs as well.

Clio Williams & 182
Go easy guys, bloke comes here with enthusiasm and cash and some of you s**t on him! this is a car forum, we are supposed to be mental cases about cars

STi3/4 Type R= Top car

More pricey to run though so consider that.

Supercharged 172 is a good option if you want something of a sleeper able to keep up with most high power expensive cars. if done right reliability won't be an issue. Speak to GDI I guess.

May be worth uprating a few other bits like brakes and suspension to go with it.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
bens was done at rs tuning

Sorry, i couldn't remember... well whoever did it, its very well done. Before I saw one in the metal I was sceptical about what the quality would be like, but now i've seen it im very impressed.

Megane 225 F1
I want a supercharger on mine :D (can you imagine it :p)

But i will just buy a 1*2.

f**k what everyone else says dude, just do it!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
It's alot of money to spend on a car which you'll never get back. That coupled with 10mpg when you hoof it will lead to high running costs. You can go cheaper for less... Are you sure this is the right way to go?

lol why would you suggest that? If he's looking to get a supercharger why would he look into getting a bike!

And not all of use what to be organ donors! ;)

It's alot of money to spend on a car which you'll never get back. That coupled with 10mpg when you hoof it will lead to high running costs. You can go cheaper for less... Are you sure this is the right way to go?

Depending on the kit you get, you can just unbolt it and sell it on. So you wont loose everything. You quite often see ITBs on here, they dont stay for sale for long.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Excuse my ignorence but surely u could just unbolt the supercharger kit, okay it's a bit more effort. As long as u kept the origional parts I can't seeing it being to much of a problem?

DMS

A thirsty 172
While the parts can just be unbolted and the standard parts bolted back on, the mapping needs to be considered too.
I know that on my car there are way too many parts and way too much work gone into it to bother reverting it back to standard. It'd be easier to just sell this and buy another standard 172.
If you put a well looked after 1*2 up for sale on here with ITB's/Turbo/Supercharger fitted it'd probably get snapped up quickly anyway.

Last edited:
  172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
Best advice I can give you is... ignore the plebs on this site and do what feels right for you. 99% of the advice will be from jealous types who wish they could do it themselves... bless

i dont think it is jealousy , i just think people would rather spend 5k somewhere else , get some throttle bodies from m tech automotive , they are local in bristol and are cheap as chips , i got mine done there for £2100 all in with mappable ecu , jenvey bodies , mapped on there rollers and all fitted for that price , thats what i would do, then stick the 3k in a savings account and get some interest on it

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
Not in the slightest, it's sadly just a pointless question to ask in this place. It's a shame there's not actually any helpful people in this place able to answer, instead offering advice on "what they would do". If you had the money for a charger you may think differently... or not.

Ask yourself how your post in any way helped the poor guy decide where to take his hard earned... exactly, it didn't. Pointless post much? ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Tbh, i'm just one of these jealous types who whish i could do it myself.

CS Dungeon
lol why would you suggest that? If he's looking to get a supercharger why would he look into getting a bike!

And not all of use what to be organ donors! ;)

quote]

Because he wants to go faster:clown:

No feckers getting my organs anyway, but thanks for the concern lol:D

172cup
what i should of sed is i want to supercharge my clio but i only have £100.
i come on here four your help but nah this is one f**ked up forum.
to me it seems like all you want to do is **** meee off.
what it is you got 18 19 year olds on here with the same car as me that are jealous.
anyway cheers to the people that av said good things about this thread.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
I dont think its that anyone is jealous.

I think its more the way your posts are constructed.

If your original post made sense and you came across as a decent lad who was serious about doing the conversion. You would have got a different response.

But you come across as a 17 year old who is a dreamer and can not construct a decent sentence.

As cursing the forum and forum user, thats not going to get you anywhere and peoples opinions will not change.

what i should of sed is i want to supercharge my clio but i only have £100.
i come on here four your help but nah this is one f**ked up forum.
to me it seems like all you want to do is **** meee off.
what it is you got 18 19 year olds on here with the same car as me that are jealous.
anyway cheers to the people that av said good things about this thread.

I know how you feel, I got the same response when I asked a serious question. Hopefully you got some good replies though :)

DMS

A thirsty 172
The majority of people don't post a serious response because they either don't see the point in it, think the money would be best spent elsewhere or are jealous.
I've been coming on here for over a year now and I've seen tonnes of supercharger / turbo threads, and they're always the same. There's been quite a lot of them recently now more tuning options are becoming available, so the silly responses are getting more and more frequent.
It's for these reasons that I didn't mention I was going to get my car turbo'd until it had actually been done. I've seen the stick everyone else gets so I thought it best to just make up my own mind what I wanted and let people comment on it afterwards.
If you want to do it, go ahead, you'll love it. Everyone who's had it done will tell you the same. Yes it's expensive, you won't ever see the money again and you'll always get the haters, but at the end of the day it's your money and your car. By far the biggest selling point is that it'll put a huge smile on your face every time you drive it, and your passengers will either grin like a Cheshire cat or s**t a brick. Trust me, I know.

172 /megane cab
i didnt say the clio is slow did i, iam just getting bored of the power and would like to supercharge it. i was thinking to sell up and buy a faster car but i do like the clio. soo f**k it lets do this but after all this slaging off on here i aint going to bother asking four your help...

there are some nobs on this site reckon you should go for the turbo it will be cheaper

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
there are some nobs on this site reckon you should go for the turbo it will be cheaper

Hmmmmm. Its not so much that. He asked for an opinion. Imo 5k on a near ten year old car is a waste and would be better off put to something else, ie something newer? Maybe its with age comes experience? Turbo'd clios i've seen on this forum are usually constantly broken, boost spikes do the car/gearbox no favours..... The supercharger kit seems better though i will say that.

DMS

A thirsty 172
Strange. My turbo'd Clio has never broke once.
In fact, I'd go as far as to say it's mechanically perfect. It's got a few cosmetic issues (stone chips, broken fog lamp etc) but mechanically there's not a single issue, and never has been.

It also gets driven with WOT all the time and yet it's not even that thirsty.
IMO it's all down to how they're driven, who builds them and who maps them.
K-Tec put mine together and Andy mapped it. It runs as sweet as a nut and makes good power already. It'll be having more boost tomorrow and I'm confident it'll stay reliable.
The gearbox can stand the amount of torque perfectly well. If the gearboxes are breaking it's because the muppet behind the wheel is f**king the changes up, not because the box can't take it.

Last edited: