ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

its gone!!!

Few mates of mine had Cooper S, beware of turbo bearings and chain tensioners.
Common fault the tensioners go and the chains stretch. R56 this is.

They are pretty nice cars besides that, plenty of mods you can do too. loads and loads of parts available.

Listerine & Poledo
Did it really sell with that sticker on it?? :wink:

How come you sold up anyway?
Because the sticker wouldn't come off ;)

Hope you didn't pour a load of money into it, you barely had the thing for 5 minutes didn't you?
Just for a left-field though (watch as CS s***s itself into a hole). Smart ForFour Brabus. All the pace of a mini, but without the ubiquity and with an interior you can fit people and things in, at the same time.

Listerine & Poledo
They're fairly rapid they Brabus motors!
they sure are.
They were doing undersized 4-pot turbos before it was cool
#hipsterbrabus

also, dem wheels
5.jpg

That smart is, well pretty smart!

I'd have an r53 mini Cooper s again! I loved our old one.
Not driven a 197 to compare, but I'd guess mini is more entertaining, plus supercharger whine is lovely!

I don't think I'd class the 197 as much of an upgrade, at least not enough to warrant one.

As for Mini's, not a fan personally but they get good reviews from people on here and elsewhere. What about wildcards like a Z4 (with a proper engine of course), or other things? What's your budget?

Listerine & Poledo
If it's all about looking like a window licker, a Golf with a massively slackened jaw would also fit the bill

clio 182
so, ive bought a 197, black one 56 plate , 90k miles just had all belts and dephaser done.. in good nick, if being picky, the wheels need a refurbish and the rear bumper needs painting...
will post pics after weekend when given it a good polish..

clio 182
just read the above thread.. had it for over two years, just new to the forum.. it was just time for it to go really.. I will miss it..

clio 182
the manifold was bodged at the flexi,rang Renault £800.00 for a new one.. got a refurbished one with new flexis for £100.00, cant believe mu luck, just got to find somebody to fit it now...

clio 182
The 182.. is my fav.. raw and fast, turned heads as it was so bloody clean all the time.. the 197 seems just to smile politely

20141109_154713.jpg
the 182.. was "GET OUT OF MY WAY"

clio 182
yes gutted.... but the 197 is the grown up version, when the manifold is fixed, i will see what its really like..