ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

It's been a while!

SG9 Forester STi
I haven't been on here in forever and if the last CS event is anything to go by I'll only know about 4 members!

I think the last time I posted a thread was to say goodbye to my little ITB'd clio (for anyone that does remember it, sadly it is no more). I bought an MX-5 but then found out I was pregnant so obviously that had to go. That and it was bloody boring unless the sun was out.

Then this little ball of fun arrived...

4806E8F8-EA1E-40AC-A03E-8B01F26257CB_zpsty9lphdb.jpg

...so I ventured into Megane 225 ownership. I'll be honest I loved that car but it just didn't have the excitement of the clio that I missed so much. Brilliant cars to drive and they're certainly not slow but after a while it didn't really feel like me.

Using the baby as an excuse for needing a 5 door I decided to get a family car and picked this up 2 weeks ago...

29CC2693-86BD-4ACD-9A66-8B02BDFA4BBE_zpsdko3lu2c.jpg

5FF58439-C99C-48E9-A788-284D6232B21E_zpssmq6o1dm.png

C5A48F69-AFF6-4898-B9AA-F544EDC9DB48_zpsit8vi4ky.jpg

8DD5E926-7E19-482F-BD18-5BDE7529D55D_zpsuzfndlle.png

Subaru Impreza WRX STi Prodrive Edition and I'm in love (the sunstrip, stickers and weirdly spaced Subaru badge have now been removed). It's nice having a bit of zorst noise back in my life and even though I won't get to take advantage of it's 315bhp, it's a fantastic car to drive and I wish I'd got one sooner. If the fear of breaking something expensive subsides I might have to give the 4WD launch ability a test at the next North weald drag day.

So happy with it. So next time there's a meet I'm going to chav it up by bringing along some burble ;).

Vicky.

SG9 Forester STi
That's because it's true Dave.

Hurst are brilliant, in fact I'd go as far to say they are the best people I've dealt with when buying a car. Max took the 225 as part ex and it was the easiest transaction I've done. He was also incredibly honest when describing the car before I went to have a look.

SG9 Forester STi
I actually managed to play it down to my dad that it was a family car. Then I took him out in it and he told me off before telling me how unfeminine it was.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hey Vicky, great justification and I love the f**k off spoiler on that Impreza, the way it should be.

Hope you and the family are well!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Welcome back Vicky! Your daughter is such a wee cutie!

FLOL at having an Impreza as a family car. Well done in making all other females everywhere look like assholes:tearsofjoy:

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Welcome back
I must be a snob :nomouth: would hate something like that as a family car

Last edited:
  SG9 Forester STi
Thanks everyone :) she's certainly keeping me busy! I'm so sold on the scooby, can't stop wanting to drive everywhere. Everyone needs to have a go of one!

How does it compare to the Evo?
Ben's been busy hiding the evo in the garage getting it up to his standards so I've yet to drive it! He said that the Evo picks up quicker (it's an FQ360 though so to be expected) but the impreza is nicer as a daily. I'm going to see if I can get him on the start line at North weald with me this year though. Although he's getting it mapped to 400bhp at the end of this month so it'll just be for a laugh.

Ooh.
Are you enjoying waving at everyone else in an Impreza on the road ? Still cracks me up 5 years on !

I've had no waves the few Subaru owners I've seen have just looked at me like I've got an extra head. Oh and they're Giramas.