ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITG filter oil

2003 Clio 172
I need to get a cleaning kit for a used ktec induction kit and have been looking at the itg one. It looks like they do two different types of filter oil though: a light duty dust retention spray and a heavier duty filter oil. Which one do people usually get for general use? Thanks

2003 Clio 172
After a bit of research it looks like the heavy duty oil is designed for long term road use, so I'll go with that ?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I used K&N oil on my last ITG filter, their instructions said put more oil on the filter if it was going off-road.

They also said you don't really need to bother re-oiling it that often at all.

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
Thicker oil sometimes messes with MAF's, I don't know if this is the case for clios. I use the K&N spray on stuff or just regular ATF. I've used the k&n oil before and it was the same viscosity as most ATF's but it was a little 'stringier' if you get me. A few years ago I done some research into what was in the K&N oil and it was something called '98% Hydrotreated heavy paraffinic distillate'. So I tried searching for other oils that contained this and found ATF coming up various times.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
I used a pipercross when i had a foam filter fitted, not the stuff for a k&n cotton one as I had read it wasnt to wise to be using that on a foam filter for whatever reason. The foam filter oil is much thicker and stickier