ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITB Shopping List

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Hi All,

Working on some engine upgrades for the new year, want to take the engine to the next level - to me, that means ITB's, cams and management. The car is pure track now, no tax discs, MOT's or insurance here! Most of the labour I'll do myself, so what I'd really appreciate is some insights from those that have experience in this area. As a bit of background, the car is a 172 Cup, currently running a standard engine but with a 182 manifold, decat and KTR stealth exhaust. I'm wanting to remove the existing Renault loom, where possible, which means ditching the clocks, ECU, interior wiring, etc. All I want is a flick switch for the ignition and a push start button, then of course switches for wipers, lights and indicators.

The following is what I've got in my head currently, please let me know your thoughts...

1) Jenvey ITB Kit (48mm ports with 120mm trumpets) - am thinking K-Tec kit here as it's reasonably priced and comes with all the bits
2) Catcam 421's - not concerned with lumpy idle - track only
3) Dephaser removal pulley - read that this is more advantageous than keeping it, welcome opinions here
4) Canems ECU (from 519) or EC-1 ECU (from TDF?)
5) Custom Loom (from 519? - but would need more modifications for wipers, lights, indicators etc)
6) Racetech Dash2 + ECU adaptor cable
7) ARP Rod bolts
8) Head ported & polished
9) New head bolts (OEM)
10) New PTFE gaskets
11) New head gasket
12) Cambelt kit & aux belt
13) Oil, plugs and oil filter
14) Mapping (No idea where, will travel)

Any comments, recommendations would be highly appreciated! Any estimations on power, too?

Many thanks
Rhys

Last edited:
Keep the dephaser. Buy the jenvey kit direct from jenvey. I quite like the ec1 ecu, I will hopefully be able to supply a kit soon for that ecu because as far as I'm aware TDF don't deal with clios any more. ARP bolts yes. 421's yes on stock pistons or 422's if you replace the pistons for forged stuff (I'd do this if the heads coming off anyway)

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Keep the dephaser. Buy the jenvey kit direct from jenvey. I quite like the ec1 ecu, I will hopefully be able to supply a kit soon for that ecu because as far as I'm aware TDF don't deal with clios any more. ARP bolts yes. 421's yes on stock pistons or 422's if you replace the pistons for forged stuff (I'd do this if the heads coming off anyway)

Sounds good and you're only in Somerset! Works for me! Thanks for your input.