ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITB PH2 clio on std management

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
hi there, i stumbled across this video on youtube of what appears to be a ph2 clio running ITB's on standard management

Last edited by a moderator:

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
You can run them but they won't run well. If you're gonna do it, do it right.

Exactly mate, i purchased my itb's with a standard ph1 ecu which had been mapped by RS tunning to run the bodies.

However standalone management is a must really though if you have already spent that amount on the itbs, you should spend the money on the correct managment system

53 Clio's & counting
Ha you must have my old setup then, me and Dan @ sjm made the first one.

Though a lot of people slated it, saying it wasn't as quick as it should have been and also that throttle response wasn't great etc BUT:

it made 193 bhp on RS tunings rollers, and over 200 bhp on 2 other rollers.
It ran the 1/4 mile at pod in 14.2 with full interior and 1/2 tank of fuel.
It had 145000 miles on and still had the cat in

And the biggest point - as we were the first, it was a mule - half of it was a complete guess - for example was the MAP tank - I made it far too big, it needed one at least half as big - the throttle response would have been much better.

We did it more to show it could be done, it cost me under £700 including all costs, so as it went well I was happy to have it that way - tbh I wish I had kept it and tweaked it a bit more.

But yes, if you want a package out the box then stand alone will be better, but for the money it cost me, I was happy

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
DSC_0010_zpsec0ze2zz.jpg

I had the exact same problem Russ, see the small map tank fitted in the picture, so much better than the much bigger previous item. Mine had made 201bhp with some piper cams fitted and i love it. Need to go get them re-balanced however so then it should be amazing. Pas pump has also s**t its self so i need to replace that.

But you are right the whole installation bar standalone management was around the same cost as yours, I am so glad i carried on down the NA route instead of boosting it.

I am going to try and get it sorted to attend the last drag strip session at york as hopefully i will be in the 13's as i got a 14.57 last time i went when it just had a decat and induction kit with the dephaser a wee bit out as well as the timing

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Are you on Adaptronic now?

Angle those trumpets down towards the front, you get much better airflow when the bonnet is closed and a better torque spread.

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
I sure am mate.

I will have to have a fiddle with them but its going completely track spec now as i now have a daily dog.