ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITB airbox design..

172 Cup Jenvey'd
Thats 15mm between trumpet and bonnet, not much room considering the airbox still needs to get in that space aswell with some clearance of its own.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Thats close...

You could run smaller spacers (make your own) or 40mm trumpets, that'll give the same length as the SFs with 120mm trumpets.

172 Cup Jenvey'd
Hmm I'd like to have the clearance so I can play with different trumpet lengths, cutting the bonnet will give a total of about 50mm which is fine.

As said to the other comments, It was me asking about a closed air box which Ph1 Tom replied to , I was asking a few questions as there are other options available, if I can get the ITB's fitted without an air box this would be ideal but I think they will be removing the slam panel , so I'll be keeping an eye on the thread.

Regards Russ.........

172 Cup Jenvey'd
The slam panel will indeed be binned. Heres what the trumpets will look like with the spacers in.. *which ive ordered*

DSC_1844_zps26af1a15.gif

DSC_1845_zpsc09b0173.gif

DSC_1846_zps9aec7183.gif

172 Cup Jenvey'd
They are pretty well lined up! And I will be making a shorter rad of similar width but with a thicker core. Plenty of room for the airbox and an oil cooler.

A shed
as has been said, thank god someone has finally just done it to check. seems the 90's wont really fit so i was wrong :)

Have you gone for these spacers? http://www.jenvey.co.uk/home/access...namics/spacer-sf-22-5deg-bend-45mm-scs45-22-5

If so i assume youre making adapters to fit them to the ITB's and fancy making two sets? as I am desperate for either a set of custom spacers or some adapters so i can move on with my setup.

The angle youve got there looks absolutely perfect!

Cheers

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
interesting thread...

Worked fine on our 4K mile trip around Europe a few years ago ;) The only issue was the welds cracking due to the stiff mounting, this has been resolved by fitting rubber bobbins on the mount points iirc.

I am just starting to re-look at this and sort a few little niggles out, never had any problems with it apart from the aforementioned above, there is talk about potentially re-creating this also though if there was enough interested.

interesting thread...

I am just starting to re-look at this and sort a few little niggles out, never had any problems with it apart from the aforementioned above, there is talk about potentially re-creating this also though if there was enough interested.

Wouldn't go out in the snow with that. you'll get people asking to hire your plow...

I'd have one if it wasn't so low down.

Looking at your photos I'd have just had the scoop just to the side of the radiator aiming at the front grill

It's a bit too low down and a bit too much weight I think as it is.

172 Cup Jenvey'd
I'd have one if it wasn't so low down.

Looking at your photos I'd have just had the scoop just to the side of the radiator aiming at the front grill

It's a bit too low down and a bit too much weight I think as it is.

You just want one with a filter hanging out the front really ;) 306maxi spec here I come..

Build the airbox into the slam panel to retain the bonnet catch.

That is an option and a good idea, I can remove the bonnet catch and mechanism because I'm fitting a bonnet with Aero catches.

I like the Maxi car look that would be great to have that set up just behind the grille, and the angle you've gone for looks perfect with the trumpets, I wonder if that was increased it would give more room under the slam.
I'm wondering if without the bonnet catch and mechanism fitted I could pack the spare slam panel up I've got to give me more clearance, I need to get in the garage and have a look at this.
Don't forget me when you do the rad I'll definitely have one off you, great work.
Regards Russ......

172 Cup Jenvey'd
Hellooooooo spacers...

DSC_1867_zps17cfc67f.gif

Hoping to get a fair bit done over the Christmas holidays with this.

The spacers are SF fitment so dont bolt onto the bodies so the filter back plate will be re-made to suit the bolt holes.

Thinking of having a scoop from both front grills and then the bottom long grill will have a scoop to the new radiator and oil cooler.
Should be pretty effective.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Am I missing something? The trumpets fit the spacers, the trumpets fit the DTH bodies, yet the spacers don't fit the bodies.

I know the hole diameter is different but the hole spacing is the same.

172 Cup Jenvey'd
Am I missing something? The trumpets fit the spacers, the trumpets fit the DTH bodies, yet the spacers don't fit the bodies.

I know the hole diameter is different but the hole spacing is the same.

Trumpets fit on the spacers, spacers dont fit the bodies though as the holes are different.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Could you open up the holes on the spacers to match the bodies? As far as I can tell from Jenvey drawings the only difference is the fact that the bodies have 6.5mm holes and the spacers have 5mm holes.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Could you open up the holes on the spacers to match the bodies? As far as I can tell from Jenvey drawings the only difference is the fact that the bodies have 6.5mm holes and the spacers have 5mm holes.

IIRC from when I did it to fit SF trumpets to a chadil manifold the hole centres were a different distance apart as well.

172 Cup Jenvey'd
4 holes on the spacers.. 2 on the bodies.. 4 holes set at the corners so 45degrees. And the bodies holes are around 30degrees so they would fit if you rotate the spacers.. Need photos to explain haha.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
4 holes on the spacers.. 2 on the bodies.. 4 holes set at the corners so 45degrees. And the bodies holes are around 30degrees so they would fit if you rotate the spacers.. Need photos to explain haha.

I know there are 4 and 2 mate, but its not just the angle they are a different distance apart as well.

The 4 are 65mm centre to centre IIRC, and the 2 are more like 73.

I will get a picture of an adaptor I have to show you what I mean.

172 Cup Jenvey'd
I've sorted the problem out as il be using a special baseplate which will save me another 10mm space if I used an adaptor.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I know there are 4 and 2 mate, but its not just the angle they are a different distance apart as well.

The 4 are 65mm centre to centre IIRC, and the 2 are more like 73.

I will get a picture of an adaptor I have to show you what I mean.

If the two were at 73 though how would the trumpets fit the 65mm centre holes?

172 Cup Jenvey'd
Little update..

Proper motorsport radiator core arrived today, will be starting to make the end tanks tommorow.

This core is shorter to allow room for the airbox, wider and alot thicker, also will be single pass unlike the standard multipass radiator.

Wont be none of this £40 polo rad haha the core alone cost 5x that much.

DSC_1924_zpsf4eb7b9e.gif

172 Cup Jenvey'd
Is this the kind of rad needed if running Jenvey TB mate?

It's not needed but it is for me as the standard rad is too big to fit an airbox around.. Plus I make all these types of things so I may aswell
Do it properly :) oil cooler will be due to be made aswell.