ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

IT Support Role

306 TD Slut
i guess it depends on how qualified you are?

i know someone on 18k a year but then you could be on 20k-30k i guess.

All depends on what level you are at, qualifications, where you are, what company you are at.

Obviously a Level 3 earns generally a considerable amount more than a Level 1 in help desk terms.

All depends on what level you are at, qualifications, where you are, what company you are at.

Obviously a Level 3 earns generally a considerable amount more than a Level 1 in help desk terms.

depends if your job is graded and also if your the only one like me lol

Lee

BMW M2C
Christ, I get way more than I should be getting. I'd better keep my head down and not moan about my wages.:eek:

Revels Mum & Sister
As stated all depends what you are going to be doing. Such a varied job description.

I was on 25K plus the odd cash kick back and expenses ;)

Now I am on £0 for the time being as myself and someone else have taken over the company

Octavia VRS
Just under 20K, only 2 of us in the dept which looks after 4 servers and roughly 70 users. Looking at other positions out there now

ex Clio 172 owner :(
I'm looking to get in to IT Support.

I know a bit about pcs bit obviously need some qualifications.

What's best to start with?

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
Right People

Me My Boss & Manager went uo to our head office in Litchfield yesterday (In the Boss' Golf R32!!! Nice as Fck lol)

Anyway i spent the day with our head IT Support man. he showed me around and sht, told me about his job ect ect.

Basically this guy gets treated like shyte :| . The amount of cheek he receives is out of this world lol.

The man hardly get a thank you
People never give him a chance to a time out (so he puts them off and makes time lol)

I could say alot more, but i think i'll stop there.

Final Thoughts - The job does look real challenging & interesting...............I cant wait to start lol. My employers have also planned to put me onto some courses to build up my knowledge!!!

I've decided to put my job hunt on hold, for the next few years!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm on a lot of money where I am, but I work for a MASSIVE company and support around 20 servers and 200-300 users depending on what's going on.

Rav4
Any jobs going?

I need to improve my knowledge as I feel I am slightly limited here.

I'm on a lot of money where I am, but I work for a MASSIVE company and support around 20 servers and 200-300 users depending on what's going on.

cock mobile.
There is no average.

It's like saying, how much does a Civil Servant get paid?

There is a hell of a lot of difference.

Between 10k and 100k.

cock mobile.
I'm looking to get in to IT Support.

I know a bit about pcs bit obviously need some qualifications.

What's best to start with?

Depends what sector you want to go for.

And what current qualifications / knowledge you have to build on, or if you are starting completely from scratch.

Octavia VRS
I'm looking into getting another support job at a well known bank, benefits are so much better than working in education

Lee

BMW M2C
Dair, that's how it is in I.T. support. If all is running well you are invisible, if something goes wrong then you are to blame.

I worked late last night and installed a san (I'll sort pics later, well over £100k of HP kit, though still waiting on the fibre switches), for that I got fed before we started. We went to Nandos and the company paid!!

Any I.T. support position is a thankless task. I couldn't and wouldn't do this job anywhere else other than the sort of company I currently work for, as I do get loads of nice perks and it's a fairly easy life most the time.

Octavia VRS
so right about the non thanks. I used to work late regularly without pay or even time back. Now I've decided that if I'm not rewarded I won't be doing any more. Users are your best friends when they want something from you, then hate you when systems are down! They think you do it deliberately!

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
Dair, that's how it is in I.T. support. If all is running well you are invisible, if something goes wrong then you are to blame.

I worked late last night and installed a san (I'll sort pics later, well over £100k of HP kit, though still waiting on the fibre switches), for that I got fed before we started. We went to Nandos and the company paid!!

Any I.T. support position is a thankless task. I couldn't and wouldn't do this job anywhere else other than the sort of company I currently work for, as I do get loads of nice perks and it's a fairly easy life most the time.

Yeah But What I Witnessed Was Crazy lol.

You guys are unsung heros lol

Rav4
Well, fair enough, but you have got some fat experience. !

I went to uni and wish I did what you had done instead, but then I would most likely be sick and tired like you :)

IT is an over saturated market and most of the people are geeks and sooooooooooooooooooo clever! Which makes it bloody hard to compete with.

don't be so negative ! :rasp:

hehe yeah but i have been here since march 99 doing the same job been working in IT since i was 16 almost every day its just got to be too much now i cant stand the f**king things