ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

IT Jobs

Dirty E91
If your contracting maybe. not heared of someone getting paid to travel to their place of work though. I get paid mileage when I have to go to one of our other sites in Milton Keynes only because I'm based here in London.

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
Time For Me To Get Excited!!!!!

Ive just been told that ive been selected for an interview!!!!!!!!!

Yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh BOI

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Time For Me To Get Excited!!!!!

Ive just been told that ive been selected for an interview!!!!!!!!!

Yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh BOI

Nice, that the most difficult bit I think, getting an interview !

Im also actually applying for other IT related jobs just now so fingers crossed ;)

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
Okay now im startin to get a lil nervous :(

Yesterday i get a call from ma recruitment consultant, saying that ive been selected for an interview & that he would either get back to me on thursday or friday (today) to let me know when that want to interview me. Anyway i still havent hear nothing yet.............i think im gonna cry!

Last edited:
  Dirty E91
Cry? Why are you a woman or something?

Ring the nob up, these people are very unreliable at the best of times.

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
Cry? Why are you a woman or something?

Ring the nob up, these people are very unreliable at the best of times.

Aint got his number!

Maybe im goin a lil over the top. I Hope he gets back to me by Monday! Untill then all i can do is wait and send some more CVs out :(

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
Im really startin to pssed off with these recruitment ppl. This guy said that ive been selected for an interview right. Anyway the guy still hasnt got back to me with a time or date!!!

Im really starting to get fraustrated lol

Fabia vRS
why bother with recruitment agencies, why not do the legwork yourself?

i've always got my jobs by going direct to companies.

Clio 182
Go direct to the companies if you can, they'll appreciate it, we get really f**ked off with keep paying £5k to agencies every time we employee someone.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Relying on agencies is a waste of time. They found me my last job but thats only because I had spoken to them before and had been interviewed by the company before.
Try and find a list of IT companies based in your area and check all their websites for vacancies. Also buy the local papers as believe it or not there are lots of IT jobs in there for the local companies. I know this because we advertise in one!

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
Im really startin to pssed off with these recruitment ppl. This guy said that ive been selected for an interview right. Anyway the guy still hasnt got back to me with a time or date!!!

Im really starting to get fraustrated lol

im feeling much better now lol.

Just got off the phone to that guy (i made sure i took his name & number this time). Anway he wants me to go for the interview THIS FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wish Daniel Luck Please

IT sales of no interest to you? I used to work at Nortel a few years ago as a CVX/Passport commissioning engineer and was earning 28k at 19 (this was a good few years go Im 26 now!) but got made redundant in 2000. That was the best thing that happened to me, was completely fed up of working away from home all the time. Got in to IT sales and account management earn loads more money and get to go out on jollies all the time, couple of weeks ago i was karting all day at daytona milton keynes on the wednesday and did a jonathan palmer day at bedford autodrome on the thursday all expensed!! Its hard work and stressful but very rewarding!

Fabia vRS
i work for a VAR and sales people here are seriously earning silly money. one bird here did 60k after tax one month after a doing a hefty deal with a big client.

top sales guy is doing around 100k a month in sales and they get around 10% commission on that.

i work for a VAR and sales people here are seriously earning silly money. one bird here did 60k after tax one month after a doing a hefty deal with a big client.

top sales guy is doing around 100k a month in sales and they get around 10% commission on that.

I can vouch for that (I dont earn that much like!) couple of guys here regularly bring home £25k-£50k in 1 month. most months though are around £5-6k. Tons of people here earning over £90-100k PA.

We get our salary (which is good!) plus 13% of our sales.

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
i think i had better prepare some questions. You guys/ladies got any ideas on what i should ask???

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
i think ive lost out on a great opportunity!

it was the most intimidating interview ive ever had to endure!

Daniel
-----------

TABLE

------------
IT Support Dude (seemed really up-beat :) ) - IT Manager (i did like him lol)- HR Manager (took down alot of notes)​

Those guys (espcially the IT Manager) grilled tha sht outta me

i got real nervous lol. ill be suprised if i get that job

Last edited:
  C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
I need some advice as to what I should do next!!!

Do i continue to look for a new job (looking for a junior supprt role)?

orrrr

Do I sign up for private tuition and fill ma head with more knowledge & then look for another job?

ooo, someone in my boat, i graduated in Software Engineering a year ago. After a 4 year course i wanted to do something a little different so was applying for Support Roles, has a interview at Pipex however turned them down when they said "Here is your Headset". Im stubborn, i dont want a call centre job, fair enough its a step in the door and doing IT but its not me.

I was looking more at the support for Users rather than Customers, had a couple of interviews at Geldards & Markem. I so wanted the Markem job but didnt get it. I started to turn my search back to the Engineering side, a Testing role came up at Serif, there is a lot of bad press about Serif because of their call centre and a few people that friends know had worked there and then left due to them being stuck in the call centre. Anyway in the interview i told them straight "Im not going in the call centre" they assured me it wouldnt happen and then i was invited back for a 2nd interview, then it was Cancelled and i am yet to hear anything so i guess thats another one down the pan.

I havent properly looked for a while, however with just taking on a Mortgage i need to have something in place soon, i have recently applied for a IT job at the Ice Arena in Notts and i am also looking to possibly move roles with my current employer however that job is nothing to do with IT. Im sort of torn to which direction to go.

From the jobs i have had interviews for and depending on your knowledge etc... it worth going for Junior roles if your happy on lowish pay. Most employers will be looking for a person who is very enthusastic, well motivated and has raw knowledge that they can shape into their way of working.

Might also be worth looking at Creditation scheme (e.g Microsoft), it might give you an edge over other candidates. But not sure on prices.

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
i think ive lost out on a great opportunity!

it was the most intimidating interview ive ever had to endure!

Daniel
-----------

TABLE

------------
IT Support Dude (seemed really up-beat :) ) - IT Manager (i didnt like him lol)- HR Manager (took down alot of notes)​

Those guys (espcially the IT Manager) grilled tha sht outta me

i got real nervous lol. ill be suprised if i get that job

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
I just thought id let you all know that, on Tuesday i had an interview!!!!!!!!

Which went rather well :)

So Fingers Crossed x

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
As My interview came to an end the lady said "Daniel, If you have any further questions please dont hesitate to call/e-mail me"

Anyway i want to ask her one or two questions. Just to seem even more interested lol!

Any ideas as to what i should ask???

Fabia vRS
As My interview came to an end the lady said "Daniel, If you have any further questions please dont hesitate to call/e-mail me"

Anyway i want to ask her one or two questions. Just to seem even more interested lol!

if you have nothing useful to ask then don't bother.

if they liked you then they will give you the job whatever happens.

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio

if you have nothing useful to ask then don't bother.

if they liked you then they will give you the job whatever happens.

Will Do.

I just hate waiting :(

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
Sorry to drag this old thread up :(

I got some good news and some bad news :(

Bad News - I still havent found a job yet lol

Good News - My SQL knowledge has grown alot :) & ill soon start learning PHP!

Anyway, does anyone know what sort of positions i should apply for?

Junior Dev, Website Dev ect ect

Rav4
We have a job here..............

Very small company but you can learn quite a bit.

Weybridge.

Would that be too faR?

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
We have a job here..............

Very small company but you can learn quite a bit.

Weybridge.

Would that be too faR?

Would it be worth me commin all the way from totty to surrey tho?

Seem like it would be a great opportunity though :(