ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

it is worth to remap stock 172?

Clio sport phII
Hey!
I can buy in good money remaped ecu (with UCh+keys) 100£
Remap have launch control, 7800 redline, better low power +5/7hp
I have completly stock 172, it is worth to buy this ECU?
Cheers!

Hey!
I can buy in good money remaped ecu (with UCh+keys) 100£
Remap have launch control, 7800 redline, better low power +5/7hp
I have completly stock 172, it is worth to buy this ECU?
Cheers!

A remap will not give you 5/7 hp gains. Assuming this remapped ecu is RSTuner'd all that above is correct.

Remapping a stock 1*2 is also done to give better cold starts, slightly better response and raised limit but even that's not worth it tbh

Clio sport phII
Yes it's remaped by Rstuner. I can easly switch ecu?
I have seen few dyno charts after remap stock 172's and remap gave 3/5/7hp in peak.

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
As above. Will cost roughly the same to map your current ecu with an RSTuner, without all the faff of changing the ecu.

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
Would you want to? RSTuners also have a number of different maps available.

Clio sport phII
I don't know... I only know that this remap give : 7700 redline (better power build in high, and low rpm), launch control, only 98 fuel, around 5hp in peak +
the guy who does this remap have a lot of experience in 172/182...
The basic question is: It it worth to remap stock 172 (i want to keep stock, maybe only 182 intake manifold)?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Yes it's worth it as it's a generic map so will work the same with a standard car or one with exhaust, induction kit and other mods.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Quite a big difference from 1-5k rpm, you'll finally have some grunt where before you had none, all I have power wise is an Espace V6 airbox and decent 2.5" exhaust, I put my cars map back to standard once because i'd got so used to the 98ron map id forgotton what it felt like standard, what it felt like was broken, I had no power at all compared to the RST map.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I'll still pull harder after 5.5k but the power curve will be a bit more smoothed out, so the kick won't be as big compared to standard.