ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this normal, Sometimes the car revs weird

Clio Extreme 1.2 16v 2003
Is this normal, Sometimes the car revs weird between 1000rpm and 3000rpm kind of glitchy like when trying to keep a constant speed...

Say for example, If I'm in 1st gear and moving in slow traffic the car judders slightly...

iv got a video from my phone but don't know how to upload it!

It also dose'nt seem to want to go into 1st gear first time when stationary...

P.s its over due its 5year aux belt change which i'm hoping to get done Saturday or next week

Mk1 Clio 1.4L RT
ECU glitch possibly? Or maybe something clogging the fuel system? As for your first gear im not sure but I have a simmilar thing with my Mk1 being tempermental with 1st doesnt always happen though, but probably comletly different lol

Mk5 golf gti
is it only when cold as the vid shows the temp is cold
i normally give it a bit of a rev up an it runs sweet then just to clear it out

Mk1 Clio 1.4L RT
I wouldnt say its normal, you taken it to a garage? They should be able to either look at it and see whats wrong or plug in a diagnostics kit :)

Nissan 350z
Mine does the same. I only notice it from cold however. If you stand outside the car while its running you can hear the engine revving, then droping down, then im guessing the ECU notices revs have dropped it revs again. So it gets stuck in this cycle of dipping revs and correcting itself.

I cant say ive noticed it when in gear and driving however. Only when stationary in neutral.

I dont know much about cars!

so it could be to do with the air filter u think?

its just had a full service this week

Last edited:
  Megane F7R
I had the same issue with my Megane coupe F7R, it too had just had a service. I suspected some sort of air leak so checked the throttle body and the gasket was missing, Replaced gasket and it was fine again. Garage said they'd cleaned the throttle body as part of the service but didn't think a gasket was needed. Idiots!

Also worth checking all vacuum hose and Map pipe for any holes/splits as this draws air in and results in higher/unsteady revs at idle. Could also be idle control valve too.