ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is this bad for a 53 reg?

Black Dynamique 1.4 16v
hi ive done about 48k in my 2003 reg clio? is this quite bad?but i love my car too much to sell it,when my 1.4 engine goes bang,might just stick a 1.6 in?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
its fine!

mines a 2001 and on 70k now

Fred is 2001 and about 80k now i think?

U have plenty of life left in the engine if cared for properly :)

mine is a 52 plate and im on about 300 miles short of 100000 mate and i'm sure theirs another guy on here with one the same year on 120k.
like he says you've got plenty of time if it's looked after right.
but if your and aggresive/fast driver the chances are around about 60k-70k parts will start to wear out,but parts are pretty cheap so nothing really to worry about. i could see my clio making 200k!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
mines hammered everytime I drive it, but its well maintained. 52 38k, doing very few miles a month these days though, > 100

RB 200 Cup!
you should be fine with 48k - like other say there are much higher mileage cars about - keep driving!

FF RS 182 Cup Racing Blue
Im just getting rid of my 03 plate 1.2 Dynamique... that has done £52k and its fine...

Chocolate Bar™
i'm only just on 40k on my 53plate 1.2. so far no complaints *fingers crossed*

www.renparts.co.uk
im on 31k no probs in my 1.4.... harry manback in his 1.4 has got 91k on it. had a couple of problems. I believe they were diagnosed wrong and it was actually the gearbox chafing on the loom lol

They are there to be driven, as long as you get it serviced at the correct intervals it will go on for a heck of a long time yet. Sold my 1st Clio on 120,000 I think, still looked and ran as new and never once broke down, I'm sure its still going today 5 years later.

I've done nearly 15k in the past 12 months (only 2k of that commuting), I'd be disappointed if it drops any lower than that in future years because I just love driving it.

MKIII 138
does milege matter (within reason) ? surley if you have do 2 miles to work and two miles back home on a night for 10000 miles it will knack the engine more as the oil hasnt heated up properly and the strain of warimin starting is the most damaging.
shame the 172 doesnt have an oil temp gauge

top of the pyramid
dowt it matters just as long as the oil heats up properly and insnt just doing 5 minute runs to shops, etc

Golf GTI 1.8T
2000, X reg :D

SP_A0574.gif

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
My 172 is nearly on 45k and its on a 53 plate. In 11 months I have done nearly 9k. The previous owner had a big round trip to work.

80MPG BEEZA
leon103 said:
My 172 is nearly on 45k and its on a 53 plate. In 11 months I have done nearly 9k. The previous owner had a big round trip to work.

thats a canny bit my work is only round the corner from me like a mile so i may do like 50-60 mile a month lol then take it out on weekends for a go round the back roads which are also round the corner