ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this 182 worth 2750?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  AB182, Audi A5 3.0
sadly Arctic blue & Albi blue are the least desirable across the overall piste - renault have now discontinued this colour- however if you like the colour - then its fortunate its the cheaper end of the scale-

S

Im not sure where you got your sale figures from, but Arctic Blue is the second most popular colour in the 182 series (see image below)! Did you mean across the whole range of Renaults?

cliosales.jpg

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  Audi A5
Yeah but just because it was the most popular colour when they were being sold dosen't mean anything now. As their the most common colour people will shy away from it to try and stay different. That being one of the reasons their the cheapest.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  RB 182
Well they are £2k new including the frames so aren't worth that now are they? it's still 8 years old done 72k and isn't a limited edition or anything.

My mate bought a mk2 golf GTI with a vr6 engine in it that had over £15k spent on it and is in concours condition. The wheels cost over £500 each. He paid £4k for it. Modifying cars always cost more than you will see as a return especially on something as average as a phase 2 172.

I'm not knocking the car at all but I can't see anyone paying that for it when there is a trophy in the for sale section for £500 less.

Last edited:

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
225   0   0
  TCR'd 172
They have dropped in value but still a lot of variation in price and quality !

Same with any car you will always get people saying its not worth that when you come to sell I can buy one for blah blah blah . These are usually the people who see a mint car up for lets say 4000 full history needs nothing doing , Would rather pay 2700 for a car with several owners a bit shabby sketchy service history, Think they have a bargain! and by the time they finish doin bits to get it running and looking right probly owes them the same money as the good one. If it does cost less you will never change the fact it has had a hard life with many owners had the bollox ragged off it and no history no matter how much you spend ! Minter for more cash EVERY TIME . A Good genuine car will always be worth paying more BUT people just look at prices s**t ones sell for and assume thats all that ALL of them are worth

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Trophy #392
With 5k which I'm going to have after the trophy has gone I'm going to get a cooper s jcw supercharged not turbo sound quality

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  RB 182
I agree with you davo but a ropy ph2 172 can be had for well under a grand so I don't see a mint one being worth 5x this.

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  Audi A5
The thing with price difference and saying your spend what you save on fixing it is at least that way you know its seen done for sure and the other thing is it might not need it could just be a good buy. Plus you could slash out on an exspensive minter and still have loads of problems, you never know.

As for mods who wants to buy a car already finished that's just boring.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Trophy #392
The thing with price difference and saying your spend what you save on fixing it is at least that way you know its seen done for sure and the other thing is it might not need it could just be a good buy. Plus you could slash out on an exspensive minter and still have loads of problems, you never know.

Completely agree

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
lol @ this thread

buy a showroom condition 172 for 3800 or spend 2500 on a dog and spend 2k getting it mint-most of the people buying 172's now are stretching themselves cost & insurance wise just to get a PH1-

Some one will buy it for what it is-

Im not fussed on selling it as ive been asked to take it to the shows this year- TBH even if its only a 4k car with the seats in it doesnt bother me-
Id rather drive it over any renaultsport car ive had ( except a v6)
S
PS the seats- ive been offered 1.6k twice in the last month or so for them- I will get my money back even if they dont end up in a clio as the seats without rails are universal fits... I can take 2.2k on the seats & wheels alone..

Last edited:

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Yeah but just because it was the most popular colour when they were being sold dosen't mean anything now. As their the most common colour people will shy away from it to try and stay different. That being one of the reasons their the cheapest.

& YES + 1

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
lol @ this thread

buy a showroom condition 172 for 3800 or spend 2500 on a dog and spend 2k getting it mint-most of the people buying 172's now are stretching themselves cost & insurance wise just to get a PH1-

Some one will buy it for what it is-

Im not fussed on selling it as ive been asked to take it to the shows this year- TBH even if its only a 4k car with the seats in it doesnt bother me-
Id rather drive it over any renaultsport car ive had ( except a v6)
S
PS the seats- ive been offered 1.6k twice in the last month or so for them- I will get my money back even if they dont end up in a clio as the seats without rails are universal fits... I can take 2.2k on the seats & wheels alone..

Splitting the car and the seats up seems to make sense when you decide you need the money out of it, the odds of someone particuarly wanting the car and the seats at once are lower than of wanting the two seperately.

But im sure you dont need anyone elses advice on how to sell a renault sport, lol

If you wanted it gone, im sure it would be, so I look forward to seeing it at the shows seeing as it isnt as that implies you dont actually REALLY want to sell, lol

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
your right I dont to sell it-- Which is why I probably over inflated the price a tad!-

Some cars arent about profit- If you enjoy cars & their worth as a hobby for driving then loosing a bit of money doesnt matter

Its got a long list of parts that if I returned it standard & sold it for 3k which would be fairly easy theres still the best part of 3k plus on top--
Seats,wheels, Steering wheel, Cup Spoiler, Susp, Exhaust, Decat, Trim I could go on forever...
S

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already had a mint 182 payed 4500 for it and it was spotless 47k on the clock standard fsh belts up to date from dealers was a bargain the girl i bought it off had her reciept for the car priced at 6k dated just a year before i bought it.

Unfortunatly I crashed it :( But just shows there are right bargains to be had out there.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Glacier White RS200
I just paid £2790 for a 04 plate 182 with both cup packs and anthracite alloys, full history, with the belts done. theres better and cheaper out there definetley :)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I just paid £2790 for a 04 plate 182 with both cup packs and anthracite alloys, full history, with the belts done. theres better and cheaper out there definetley :)

Ditto. Just done this too. Mines a minter, bar crack in washer bottle and horn broke (not fitted back properly after an aftermarket wheel) but both of these are easy fixes.

Mate

If it feels right. Go for it.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
225   0   0
  TCR'd 172

You may drop lucky and get a genuine bargain but these are few and far between, then again everyone has a different opinion of what they define as a MINT car .

Same with any car you will always get people saying its not worth that when you come to sell I can buy one for blah blah blah . These are usually the people who see a genuine mint car up for lets say 3900 full history needs nothing doing , Would rather pay 2400 for a car with several owners a bit shabby sketchy service history, Think they have a bargain! and by the time they finish doin Everything to get it running and looking right probly owes them the same money as the good one.
If it does cost less you will never change the fact it has had a hard life with many owners had the bollox ragged off it and no history no matter how much you spend ! Minter for more cash EVERY TIME . A Good genuine car will always be worth paying more BUT people just look at prices s**t ones sell for and assume thats all that ALL of them are worth !

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  RB 182

Same with any car you will always get people saying its not worth that when you come to sell I can buy one for blah blah blah . These are usually the people who see a mint car up for lets say 4000 full history needs nothing doing , Would rather pay 2700 for a car with several owners a bit shabby sketchy service history, Think they have a bargain! and by the time they finish doin bits to get it running and looking right probly owes them the same money as the good one. If it does cost less you will never change the fact it has had a hard life with many owners had the bollox ragged off it and no history no matter how much you spend ! Minter for more cash EVERY TIME . A Good genuine car will always be worth paying more BUT people just look at prices s**t ones sell for and assume thats all that ALL of them are worth

You may drop lucky and get a genuine bargain but these are few and far between, then again everyone has a different opinion of what they define as a MINT car .

Same with any car you will always get people saying its not worth that when you come to sell I can buy one for blah blah blah . These are usually the people who see a genuine mint car up for lets say 3900 full history needs nothing doing , Would rather pay 2400 for a car with several owners a bit shabby sketchy service history, Think they have a bargain! and by the time they finish doin Everything to get it running and looking right probly owes them the same money as the good one.
If it does cost less you will never change the fact it has had a hard life with many owners had the bollox ragged off it and no history no matter how much you spend ! Minter for more cash EVERY TIME . A Good genuine car will always be worth paying more BUT people just look at prices s**t ones sell for and assume thats all that ALL of them are worth !

Do you have this saved somewhere to paste in? Its the second this thread you've written that! lol