ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is there a way of reducing in cabin fumes from the decat??

coiled 'berg
I would like to know if there is a way of reducing cabin fumes from the decat?
the missus and kids thinks it stinks!

can you wrap it or seal it or something?

cheers

coiled 'berg
fitted in garage with new gasket set, nuts bolts springs etc etc.
but when sat in traffic it gets a bit fumey! any ideas?

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds pretty dangerous, especially having missus and kid in car.

coiled 'berg
carbon monoxide poisoning ......... dodgy stuff.

so i should be checking for leaks then! got to change mounts on weekend as ktec drone (stealth) is banging on something so i'll have to check it then. would it be manifold end for it to be coming into cabin?

All decatted cars I know of smell of fuel? Or is that just usually outside the car not inside?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
theoretically you should get no more cabin fumes than with a cat??
if its sealed properly it should all come out the same,
though whats coming out the back is bout to smell different/stronger,

just close the vents while sitting still for a long time lol.

S4 Avant
I know mine reeks of petrol from the outside, but I don't get any smells inside. Definatly something not right there.

RS RIP
Do you also have this with your windows closed ?
I only have this at stoplights ; waiting in traffic . In this case the wind will be from the back blowing the fumes from the back / backbox to the windows into the cabin.. smells quite strong .. also decatted here btw

RS RIP
^^ come to think of it mine only started smelling when the cams came in..

i was told when it was mapped that this would happen, more smelly fumes

I guess you're manifold to cat join or the other side might be leaking.. Check if your exhaustmounts are "hanging free" so there's room for the exhaust to expand ..cause if this is not the case it might be "pulling" on one of the mounts + therefore maybe openeing up a bit on the joins ?

Last edited:
  Clio Hybrid / S3
Mine use to stink when decatted (hybrid) no leaks in the system but my lambda was buggered and was massively over fueling! never smelt in the cabin though.

Fabia vrs tdi
mine stinks outside after gettin decat fitted, had a look today for leake i thought i seen a little bit of gas escaping at decat when it fired up but couldnt see anythin when it was revved up