ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is it worth the extra??

clio 182
I love my Clio as you all may know, but since being bitten by the Clio bug... do i upgrade?? Mines probably only worth £2k.. but the trophy that's on eBay is over double... is it really worth the extra??

clio 182
$_57.jpg
IMG-20141109-WA0051.jpg

Titanium 182
IMO the 1*2's are a future classic and are probably as cheap as they will ever get now, maybe not the Trophy just yet. In the long run I think the Trophy will be the most sought after car from the line but if you're just planning on selling up at some point then it's only really worth it unless you specifically want a Trophy! If you look long enough you can find a none Trophy with Recaros and Turnis anyway! Mine for example :yum: (not for sale:tongueout:)

Titanium 182
Engines are exactly the same but you get the different alloys, Recaros and suspension setup; I think the Trophy came with Sachs but this is often either replaced by now. If you're lucky it's been refurbed and kept OEM

I'd say no, unless you really want one. Tbh you can get decent seats & suspension on your car for less than the upgrade & it would probs handle better & be more comfortable.

clio 182
i came on to ask for opinions.. save me saving selling my Clio that I love to get a car that although is an end of line edition, is really (ish ) the same car..

Titanium 182
i came on to ask for opinions.. save me saving selling my Clio that I love to get a car that although is an end of line edition, is really (ish ) the same car..
Keep yours pal! You will probably just buy into a money pit unless it's been owned by someone on here lol And if you really want the alloys / seats / suspension then just keep your eyes peeled in the for sale section!

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
If I was you to satisfy the temptation, go and drive it (assuming it has the original suspension, if not then find one a real one and test drive that). Then see if it's worth the extra money.

clio 182 trophy
There is a noticeable difference between the cup shocks and the sachs dampers. Especially when the road gets bumpy, uneven surfaces ect. There is a sharper turn in and slight increase in grip. You also get the v6 spoiler, which i don't think was mentioned. Also there are sachs on the rear too, which are better than the cup ones. Most owners change these though.
I love my trophy and am going to bloody miss it when I have to sell it!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
It was less than a percent faster round a track than a normal 182 last time I looked.
Not about the performance I don't think though. It's a relatively special car to see if you're into Clios.

Personally I'd get a normal 182 with Recaros though.

Unless you have a fetish for capsi red I don't see the point unless it has really low miles.

That said I think you would have to wait YEARS AND YEARS before it would be worth anything good. Its not like its a GT3rs or something like that. It is still essentially a Renault with plastic front wings lol

M2 Comp
I sold my Full Fat 182 for a Trophy and don't regret it one bit! With my 182, I had plans to change the suspension, wheels, seats, etc. all of which would have cost a fair amount of money, so I sold it, put in another £1,500 and got a Trophy with everything I wanted 'out of the box'. If you've already invested a chunk of money into your 182 it might be worth holding onto it, but otherwise I'd say go for it.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Most roads in this country are rubbish, bumpy and uneven. If you are someone that doesnt go to tracks what is the best suspension system for general road driving. Im looking for comfort and performance - are Bilstein b14, standard 182 suspension or trophy sachs best?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Never got the whole Trophy thing.

I don't see the value in them over a normal 1*2 however that one does look very tidy.

clio 182
Very true.. just was wanting something better.. the trouble is if I spend ££££ on
Buy trophy turinis
Buy recaro trend lines
Buy Sachs dampers
Buy v6 spoiler.

My car will only be worth the same.. in one bit.. in many bits £££££,ssssss

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Wouldn't bother with the Sachs dampers myself.

Plenty of better / cheaper options out there IMO.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Very true.. just was wanting something better.. the trouble is if I spend ££££ on
Buy trophy turinis
Buy recaro trend lines
Buy Sachs dampers
Buy v6 spoiler.

You'd be able to sell all those bits on for what you paid though.

So when you sell, put the car back to standard and sell it for £x, and not lose much money.

I own a black gold 182 like yours and love it but I think if I had the money in the near future I would go for a Trophy especially one as clean as that. It has been one of those cars I have always promised I would own one day as I love the 182's in red and read the EVO magazine and the reviews on the Trophy are always good. That is one of the reasons I went for the 182 to see what all the fuss was about.

Buy trophy turinis
Buy recaro trend lines
Buy Sachs dampers
Buy v6 spoiler.

Or just buy better seats etc?? Trendlines & Turini's are not the be all & all (but they are on here)

clio 182
i had a Williams 2 years ago.. should of kept that... I,m sort of really saying that for 5.5k.. surely youcould get more of a car, but for the 2k that mines worth, can you find anything else that's that fun..

this is the same price as the trophy .. on ebay
$_57.jpg

not the same type of car but you get my drift....................:smile:

Reactions: Gus
  clio 182
i get that.. what im really trying to find out.. is the trophy so much more of a car it warrants the ig price tag..

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive never been into trophys, got fed up looking for a good 182 as they were all sheds so went to view one, had to have it and im so glad I did, they are a different ball game to drive quickly in, that's before you consider it being a bit more special too which I love more than the extra grip!

just keep in mind if you want to keep it running properly as it should with the proper dampers etc it can get expensive!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
i had a Williams 2 years ago.. should of kept that... I,m sort of really saying that for 5.5k.. surely youcould get more of a car, but for the 2k that mines worth, can you find anything else that's that fun..

this is the same price as the trophy .. on ebay
$_57.jpg

not the same type of car but you get my drift....................:smile:

I bet the wrong engine is in that Audi though

Transit & Death trap
I'd personally buy a Trophy, rather than plough a small fortune into upgrading a 182 Clio.
You're very unlikely to see any of that money back, come sale time, but if the Trophy is a good one, it'll always be worth more than a modified/messed with 182 and far easier to sell imo.
You also have the exclusivity with a Trophy ☺

clio 182
thats sort of the answer i was looking for..

My car in my opinion is mint, so i would want new wheels etc.. id only end up getting them refurbed any way,

I'd personally buy a Trophy, rather than plough a small fortune into upgrading a 182 Clio.
You're very unlikely to see any of that money back, come sale time, but if the Trophy is a good one, it'll always be worth more than a modified/messed with 182 and far easier to sell imo.
You also have the exclusivity with a Trophy ☺
He'd get all of his money back if he were to sell the bit on afterwards, providing they were kept in good nick etc.

Transit & Death trap
He'd get all of his money back if he were to sell the bit on afterwards, providing they were kept in good nick etc.

I'm referring to a straight sale, rather than returning a modified car back to standard and selling the mods after.