ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it possible to retrofit Cup suspension to a 182 ?

RB 182 FF/ CUP PACKS
There are a few FF182's around without the cup suspension. I can't understand why anyone would not buy the cup packs from new, but is it possible to fit the suspension later, and what is involved ? I know the wheels are different, so that's going to be £300 ish to sort, but what about the rest ?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
better off buying a 182 with cup options.... but a nice set of ebaich prolines will only drop the car 10mm and are better than cup springs anyway

There are a few FF182's around without the cup suspension. I can't understand why anyone would not buy the cup packs from new, but is it possible to fit the suspension later, and what is involved ? I know the wheels are different, so that's going to be £300 ish to sort, but what about the rest ?

Yep you could just get the dampers and springs and do the different camber setttings with adjusted bolts.bolt hole spacing since you'll need some sort of camber bolts to sort the hub spacing.

Peugeot 207 GT THP
You'll need a different steering rack too if you want to do it properly. The Cup suspension pack included the anthracite alloys, different tyres with stiffer side walls, uprated quicker steering rack and uprated lower suspension.

You'll need a different steering rack too if you want to do it properly. The Cup suspension pack included the anthracite alloys, different tyres with stiffer side walls, uprated quicker steering rack and uprated lower suspension.

Tyres were the same wheels are the same.

Not checked the stearing rack I'm sure there the same though.
A proper Cuped one has the hubs as well.

Peugeot 207 GT THP
The wheels aren't the same. The 182 Sports had silver alloys and the Cup pack gave them anthracite coloured alloys. The Renaultsport brochure also said the tyres were different as I posted above.

The wheels aren't the same. The 182 Sports had silver alloys and the Cup pack gave them anthracite coloured alloys. The Renaultsport brochure also said the tyres were different as I posted above.

II know there colour was different but its not a different wheel in terms of offset etc though just colour. Plus many were swopped when new anyway for customers.

Tyres were special tyres your right as Renault said just so happend all of them came with there spacial tyres.