ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it possible to convert a 1994 standard clio in to Williams??

Im coming up to getting my first car soon :D and I adore the Clio Williams!

I was thinking about getting one, but i cant be doing with the INSANE insurance costs as first car (around 16k a year) so i was planning on buying a standard 1992/94 clio and then converting it! I found the majority of the parts online like the alloys, body kit etc but i was wondering if it was actually possible? Is there different chassis that would stop me? that sort of thing...

Basically i want a Williams, but without the insane insurance so the only way of achieving that is having a lookalike with a 1.2 engine :p

The rear arches are wider which would take a massive effort to change as they're part of the main shell.

Bonnet/wings/front arches/alloys/suspension/spoiler is all doable.

Once you tell the insurance you're a young male who has just passed his test, they instantly want to charge you a lot. Telling them you're going to modify it just makes them want to charge you a lot lot more.

Best bet is to just keep it standard and enjoy having your first car.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Once you tell the insurance you're a young male who has just passed his test, they instantly want to charge you a lot. Telling them you're going to modify it just makes them want to charge you a lot lot more.

Best bet is to just keep it standard and enjoy having your first car.

yep, get a 1.2, keep it for a year or 2 and build up NCB. then get something better, wish i done that. instead im 2 years passed my test and still stuck with a 1.2 and no ncb :/