ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it normal for a Clio to Catch Fire in a Crash, Insurance problem

Fiesta ST2 MP215
It was supposed to arrive by 830 came to 850 and I had to leave, problem is the people who are taking over from me are actually good friends of mine and I don't want to do anything that can cause them any hassle from the hierarchy at HO, just got off the phone and all very apologetic despite not having a reason, it will be at my house by 830 tomorrow morning without fail, if it doesn't I'm hiring a car myself and charging it to them.
This insurance company doesn't score well on Moneysupermarket, 1* for claims handling.............

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It's not the insurance company you should be worrying about.

Accident management companies will hound the hell out of them, find out why they're not doing that for you.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
I mailed my claim manager about it and the fact they are trying to settle outside of themselves, which I don't want to be doing, I want as much as possible from this, need rather in fact after pumping so much into the Clio in the 6 months of ownership.

i am out ..... use the phone get it sorted , i gave you all you needed 2 days ago if you cant then sorry your beyond help

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Calls are ALL recorded so it's as good as in writing. Only old fashion companies still request simple things in writing or by FAX (when will this end). Calling is what puts people on the spot, doesn't give them time to dither and think of an excuse and it's the best way to get business done if you want a good relationship with the people you are dealing with.

Do you know the guide values? PS do not pay for values from glass's or caps as in the small print it says "not for insurance purposes." You will need to get hold of the industry ones they use at dealers.

In response to earlier comment about purchase receipt. It will not count for anything unless it was from the last 3 months. I imagine the depreciation on glass's could be used though to cross reference.

do not pay for values from glass's or caps as in the small print it says "not for insurance purposes." You will need to get hold of the industry ones they use at dealers.

The industry uses glass guide .... lol

Granted they get regularly updated copies

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
The industry uses glass guide .... lol

Granted they get regularly updated copies

Sorry I should have explained a little better. There are 2 versions of Glass's and Caps.

The one from their website is incorrect for insurance purposes and it says this in the small print. Glass's evaluator is the trade version and there is a similar program made by cap. I believe Renault used car prices are based around Cap. Both updated monthly

I have always found Cap better for lower value and Glass's better for more prestige vehicle and thus the Ombudsman use an average and ignore anomalies (usually parkers)

Sorry I should have explained a little better. There are 2 versions of Glass's and Caps.

The one from their website is incorrect for insurance purposes and it says this in the small print. Glass's evaluator is the trade version and there is a similar program made by cap. I believe Renault used car prices are based around Cap. Both updated monthly

I have always found Cap better for lower value and Glass's better for more prestige vehicle and thus the Ombudsman use an average and ignore anomalies (usually parkers)

I was a little flippant but thats better ..... in this case an average spread of similar cars for sale is good enough

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Reason I mailed was the time of day and wanted to just get home, personally I've always dealt with everything in writing, having worked in places where calls get recorded etc I have no faith in any of those systems, they don't even have audit trails on their logs they will all use Avaya Systems no doubt which are shite, even when I chased them for my Certificate in March they denied ever having me chase them for this, no call logs! no Logs = they are never finding the call.
If not I have a fair amount of written correspondence and I'll be sending this to two of their directors I've found via good old Linkedin for an answer,

I await for my like for like courtesy car to arrive tomorrow before 08:30

Fiesta ST2 MP215
^ t**t!
No in fact my like for like car is a DS3 1.6 THP, not sure on the like for like basis with this, Horrid vehicle though, no steering feedback at all and brakes are shite, not sure if this is worth 19K either, wondered why I hadn't seen many about.

^ t**t!
No in fact my like for like car is a DS3 1.6 THP, not sure on the like for like basis with this, Horrid vehicle though, no steering feedback at all and brakes are shite, not sure if this is worth 19K either, wondered why I hadn't seen many about.

Sounds a fair like for like to me ..... its better than a boggo corsa

Fiesta ST2 MP215
It goes quite well in a straight line ( out of breath at 4K though ), but it's got crash worthy written all over it, it's meant to have the same engine as a Mini but it's so much heavier too, seats are rock hard as well.
Might end up writing a review about this thing as it such an odd car in so many ways, Dials are quite cool if you like that sort of thing.

Cup In bits
The DS3 got car of the year by many magazines iirc, don't think its as bad as you make out, I found the 1.4 okay on a test drive for my sis being that its a French hatchback. The price is another thing but cars are overpriced today.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
It's an alright car, just the steering is pretty much like an Auris, lifeless, I guess it's designed to be an easy effortless drive but it's certainly not for me.