ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it my gearbox on its way out

Have a problem, it is very tight putting it into reverse at the mo. doesnt grind, is just tight. and there is a rumbling sound when i lift off the accelerator and am using the engine to brake. What is it?? anyone know gearbox, diff etc.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the reverse fault may be just your gear linkage is a bit stiff.lubricate the gearstick mechanism and all pivot points on the gear linkage.the noise may be a diff or shaft end bearing getting noisy.does it only do it on overun? does speed change the noise?

yeah speed does affect it, gets quieter when im slowing down in gear, but its louder in first and gets a little quieter the higher gear im in

Been having problems with a knocking sound too recently but this tends to go if i have people in the car, suspected engine mount or anti roll bar?

Could these be linked?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

difficult to say without hearing it but the noise does sound like a bearing noise somewhere.get a mechanic to check it out if your worried.