ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is an EK9 Type R an upgrade from a 182?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Il get one arranged mate. Let me know when you get time off work though as i know your a jew.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
At the minute, weekend afternoons are best for me.....

^ Good lad!

Never above 25mpg
You're 19 and you have a 182.

Why struggle with bothering about with a different car?

Plenty of years left driving so you can buy one when you 100% want one, not because you've seen it and you like it! (Like me with a couple cars)

Just hold out and buiild up the no claims.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
as ive said a few times on here, my mate had an ek9, would i swap my 172 for one, nope never.

if i had an ek9 would i swap it for a 172, nope.

sidestep, ek9 is fun with the LSD, mega high rev range and noise.

172 has much more torque, is quicker day to day because of this when your not in the mood for driving quick.

my 172 was good bit quicker than my mates ek9 but then im running 190bhp and 160lb/ft

Turbos.
Go into the JDM thread and it's hard not to be impressed by the EK9, the photos are amazing.

Thing is, i saw one at Snett this weekend and although it looks ok, they look no where near as good as in these professional shots taken in Florida or wherever. If it wasn't for the rarity factor, i couldn't say it looked any better than a 182.

I remember reading a EK9 vs DC2 article and i'm pretty sure the DC2 came out top. They talked about how hard the ride was in the Civic, so the Integra turned out to be the better drive.

S2 106 GTI
You're 19 and you have a 182.

Why struggle with bothering about with a different car?

Plenty of years left driving so you can buy one when you 100% want one, not because you've seen it and you like it! (Like me with a couple cars)

Just hold out and buiild up the no claims.

Exactly what I would say! I hear of young lads (one near me) who have cars which I would love to own but yet pay staggering amounts of money for insurance, running cost's etc.... just be happy that you have a clio sport! and build up NCB.
When I was 19 I was running around in a 1.0 clio cos thats all that I could afford!..................oh and the lad near me is 18 and has a TVR Sagaris!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
insurance isn't really an issue though. I pay 1800 FC with a £300 excess and 3 points. I know people who are paying that on 1.2 corsas/clios etc. Dont get me wrong im not bored of the clio, I just fancied a change - Why? Because I can. Although I think i am going to take the advice given and keep the clio for a while and weigh up my options! Maybe in a position to buy a DC5 this time next year... Who knows!:D

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
nearly 2k on a clio, sack that. i would say insurance is an issue, imo

Have you spoken to many 19 year olds, insuring non performance cars? Insurance ISNT an issue. Im in a position to be able to afford it with no out goings so why not? My renewal for my 1.2 was 1500FC. Makes sense to pay the extra £300, no?

I had one, all round btr car than the 182 i had.

Faster, easier on the juice and looked ten times btr. imo :p

TTRS & V50
Have you spoken to many 19 year olds, insuring non performance cars? Insurance ISNT an issue. Im in a position to be able to afford it with no out goings so why not? My renewal for my 1.2 was 1500FC. Makes sense to pay the extra £300, no?

Yeah, all my mates are my age, so i know there insurance, and its stupid, for some reason i pay 678 or something FC on my cliosport at 21. And i would still regard 1800 a BIG issure.

Does make sense to pay the extra 300 true, still think its an issure though.

S2 106 GTI
I think its funny these days how young lads are willing to pay £1000's for insurance! (getting old! :eek:) I regretted paying £900 for the LCR! My dream car when I was 18 was a scooby or evo :evil: insurance was around £1700, but now that I could easily afford one I'm not really fussed as the running cost's and if I came to sell it, would be the hardest parts.

How long have you owned the clio for - if you don't mind me asking??

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Ermmm.... Had the 182 since march :eek:. Not long at all... Im not bored of it BTW. Far from it. I realise im privalaged to own a performance car at 19... Its just that i really love the oldschool ness of the EK9's and browsing the JDM thread made me really want one. Insurance IS a pisstake but you only live once. Cant take the money with you once your gone.

Terrible cars the Ek9 type R, much better getting a DC2 imo... i had both, the EK9 was a right pain, felt so sluggish, and is no where near as figures suggest, also fuel was stupid in it!