ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is A Clio With 90k On Clock Worth Getting?

Well basically, i got my licence on monday =] and im looking at getting a clio (MK3) as some of you already know.

after having a quick look around, its become apparent i have 3 options -

1.) Pay about 2000-2500 for a 1.2 Expression with about 90k on the clock.

2.) Wait till i have 3000+ and buy one near xmas (which hasnt been completely screwed over)

3.) get a different car >.<

all i want to know really, is - would a MK3 clio with 90k on the clock need alot of work anytime soon? 'cos obviously clutch+brakes etc. will probably need replacing sometime soon by the looks of it?

just wanted to know what im better off doing.

Cheers.

Jamie.

i'd say, dont by a clio @ that price for 90Kmiles... find sumit with lower miles. it can be done.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
i wouldn't pay 2-2.5k for a 1.2 with 90k, no way man. i'd offer them 1k.
you can get a decent low mileage 1.2 for about £1995.00 with about 40k on the clock even less.

cheers,

you think it'd be worth waiting till after xmas before i buy one?

just after lookin around, cant seem to find an Expression 1.2 for less than 3k unless its done some serious miles =/

any hints where to look?

cheers,

Jamie.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
look for a dynamique, theres loads around, if you want a mk2 ph2, someone on here is selling a 2002 i think for £2700?

ill find the link..

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Mine is for sale at the moment, a 1.4 S with 88k on the clock.Ite been servicedeither on time or before its due for the whole 3 and a half years Ive had, has never let me down, has had its timing belt done, new rear brakes this year as well. The benefit of a car past a certain mileage is not a lot needs to be done if its been well looked after, Ive already paid the bills and all it needs is the routine service in 7000 miles (which I could even do early if someone wanted me too)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=179781

Iv been looking aswell, its so hard to find a mk2 ph2 for under £3000! and if it is, its an expression!:dapprove:

Mine is for sale at the moment, a 1.4 S with 88k on the clock.Ite been servicedeither on time or before its due for the whole 3 and a half years Ive had, has never let me down, has had its timing belt done, new rear brakes this year as well. The benefit of a car past a certain mileage is not a lot needs to be done if its been well looked after, Ive already paid the bills and all it needs is the routine service in 7000 miles (which I could even do early if someone wanted me too)

I thought you had a buyer for it?? Did you get let down?

Clio DCi 65
I wouldnt bother mate,

Its bound to be come unreliable sooner rather than later,

As people are saying,

You will find one for same price wit a much lower milage!

Good luck in your search anyway!

Octavia VRS
wait a few months and get my mk2 ph1 1.4 (with AC ;) ) which will have roughly 70k miles on the clock and only £2000!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

I thought you had a buyer for it?? Did you get let down?

Yeah she couldnt come up with the cash :(

Look abit harder!
I bought my 2001 51 plate 1.2 16v 48k on th clock full Renault service history £2.5k cash. Ok it is an expression rather than a dynamique but rather that than an 8v of the previous shape.
Look in the Midlands are on autotrader, there are dynamiques with under 60k for around £2.6k.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Its always better to pay a little bit more for a good car, as it saves you time and money later on. My advice is to save your money for a good one. Although i guess that money is burning a hole in your pocket?!?!

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I dunno, 90k means the cambelt etc should have been changed, no reason why you cant get a higher mileage car if its been serviced on time etc. look at the Service history, then work out a lower price with the seller, be prepared to walk away though if he dont budge.