ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Irratic idling ...

My Clio (1.4 RT) is idling irratically. Not excessive but its uneven. Ive tried a few thing but none have worked. Anyone got any Ideas on what/where I should start looking? Im not a mechanic so I aint got a clue really. This is what Ive done already >

New plugs

New Dizzy cap

Injector cleaner in the fuel

The hot and cold pipe to the filter box are a bit sh*tty but I wouldnt have thought this would effect the idling. Ive read my Haynes manual and it suggests the accelerator cable should be set right or idling will be plop. Ive checked it and theres plenty of slack in it. How slack should it be though? Taught with a little slack or really loose?

I know there could be any one of a number of things wrong here but Im hoping someone has had this already with their Clio and can point me to what was at cause there.

Please help. Thanks.

[Edited by Vandal on 27 August 2005 at 10:21pm]

[Edited by Vandal on 27 August 2005 at 10:23pm]

Cable should just be taught really, in terms of the uneven idle check their are no air leaks on the vacum pipes... otherwise there will be an ISCV (Idle speed control valve) or a MAP (Manifold absolute pressure) sensor at fault most likely.

Hoper that helps, Bri.