ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPod Touch, whos getting one?

Revels Mum & Sister
I thought in order for the iphone to work the carrier had to have certain kit to do so? Hence useless or does the recent unlocking get over this?

I was thinking the same Chris. The unlimted data stuff in particular. Without browsing, one of the machines great features is gone? Surely to benefit from all the phone features, you're going to have to use O2?

From what I'm reading, the iPhone is a pretty big compromise as a phone anyway. Add in non-expandable storage, and 8GB isn't much of an iPod (especially for video). It appears to be riddled with compromises in almost every way. I'm sure it's a lovely thing to own, but I won't be one of the 'lucky' few. £260 and c.£50pcm = f**k right off :D

Last edited:
  ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
I was thinking the same Chris. The unlimted data stuff in particular. Without browsing, one of the machines great features is gone? Surely to benefit from all the phone features, you're going to have to use O2?

From what I'm reading, the iPhone is a pretty big compromise as a phone anyway. Add in non-expandable storage, and 8GB isn't much of an iPod (especially for video). It appears to be riddled with compromises in almost every way. I'm sure it's a lovely thing to own, but I won't be one of the 'lucky' few. £260 and c.£50pcm = f**k right off :D

I see where you're coming from, but luckily I am with O2. Even without, you still have the wireless browsing, which is obviously far superior than using the EDGE network to browse the internet, although limited in signal compared to your carrier.

To be honest, I've never owned an iPod, and was completely against them. I've always used my phone for my music, and hated the thought of lugging around something else that would add more weight in my pocket, and risk losing. So I've been using a SE k750i with a 2GB card, which is more than enough for me to carry around. After selecting all the albums and music that I'd actually listen to on a day-to-day basis, it came to around 6GB. I don't see the point in loading in albums that I'd never listen to walking about, which I do alot.

In regards to O2's price plan, they can indeed 'f*ck right off.' Which is why I bought it simfree and unlocked.