ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPod & iTunes

1996 Valver
I want to buy a ipod as a xmas gift, and was planing on filling it with her fav songs.

The only thing that has crossed my mind is if I fill itunes with all the songs and upload them from my computer, when I give it to the Mrs and she connects it to her computer will all the songs be lost, or will it load all the songs from the iPod on to her iTunes??

Hope this makes scence!

Thanks
Pat

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Only works on one library, once she plugs it into her comp she can extract the tunes off it and put them on her comp, but she wont be able to put her music on after you.

1996 Valver
OK, thanks Gav.
So could I fill it up, then save all the songs onto a DVD disk then give here the disk to load on her computer. Then she would have all the same songs.

would it work on a DVD?

Can i ask a really thick question please..............Never owning or using an Ipod i dont know the answer to this.......but.......i have a computer full of mp3's which I may , may not have paid for, certainly didnt get them through I Tunes. Am i able to put these on an Ipod? or do you have to specifically get things from I Tunes? Dumb Q , but hey!

I've got hundreds of Mash ups/bootlegs off of DJ sites and all of them work. None were bought through Itunes or copied off a hard copy cd (not possible as none of the tunes are comercially available anyway)

You can put them on your ipod... but any you download through itunes you cant use anywhere else... unless you download some not apple software... which the people at apple do not approve of... but stuff them... you paid for it... its your music!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
If you download a program called copypod, you can move files off your ipod onto any library. Got it myself, saves clogging my hard drive up with all my music. So you could fill the ipod for her, stick a copy of copypod on cd, then she can download it to her pc.

1996 Valver
Warren, you are a legend mate, looks perfect!

So do I......
Put the songs on her iPod
give her the iPod+ a copy of copypod

Then she put's the copypod CD in her computer and load the program, then connect the iPod and all the songs on the iPod will show on copypod... then just select all songs and backup to iTunes?

Sorry to sound dumb, just wanna make sure I have got it right!

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Personally, give her the ipod, burn some music on to DVD and let her do it (or you) on her computer first. Otherwise she will just have to format the thing anyway and need to reset the factory settings.

Much less of a pain in the arse that way IMHO