ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ipod connection to a 182 clio

clio sport 182
Hi Everyone!! Im going to pick up my Clio 182 on saturday from the dealer in newark (v. excited) and i wondered if there is a way to connect my ipod/iphone up to the standard radio/cd that comes as standard. Car is march 04 registered if that helps....

Any suggestions/solutions would be much, much appreciated!

thanks, a very excited newbie!

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Hi Everyone!! Im going to pick up my Clio 182 on saturday from the dealer in newark (v. excited) and i wondered if there is a way to connect my ipod/iphone up to the standard radio/cd that comes as standard. Car is march 04 registered if that helps....

Any suggestions/solutions would be much, much appreciated!

thanks, a very excited newbie!

id just buy a cheap head unit with a aux port, most of them have it nowadays. standard head unit is very poor in 1*2's

BG V6, LY 182
By any chance is this 182 silver?
bit of a long shot but I seen one in a garage in newark, as i work near there.

clio sport 182
thanks pres - will have a look!!

yes the 182 is silver invexis! where abouts in newark do you work pal?

clio sport 182
Also, the dealer has said that the car has a radio code which is unique to the car... which he has. however, at the moment he has to type the code into the cd player every time the car is started... surely this isnt normal and if it isnt how is this fixed/repaired?!
just so i no hes not trying to pull a fast one when i pick it up...

again, thanks everyone!

BG V6, LY 182
thanks pres - will have a look!!

yes the 182 is silver invexis! where abouts in newark do you work pal?

Well i work at National grid, eakring.

But i have to travel by train to newark every week. (northgate station)

The one i seen was on a busy set of traffic lights, next to the train bridge, which is just down from kfc etc. Bad description i know, but i remember looking through the window of a silver 04 one there last december, and thinking to myself one day! and low and behold :D

clio sport 182
yes mate - thats the one! i literally cant wait to get my hands on it! i used to live out near eakring now living in newark! He took a part ex against it in the end!! You mean the dealer on the corner at the bottom of the bridge next door to allwoods automotives....

no problem ive got it in my car and i dunno what id do without it now lol

I've also go the connects 2 unit and have to agree with Pres, it's great. Not the cheapest solution, but the charging and steering wheel control of the ipod is well worth it imo. I find the standard head unit to be pretty good for what it is.

Rich

182 T
MTaudio on here does the lead for audio jack to the standard head unit for about 12quid. No iphone specific stuff but if you just wanted an audio jack its ace.

BG V6, LY 182
Also, the dealer has said that the car has a radio code which is unique to the car... which he has. however, at the moment he has to type the code into the cd player every time the car is started... surely this isnt normal and if it isnt how is this fixed/repaired?!
just so i no hes not trying to pull a fast one when i pick it up...

again, thanks everyone!

Is it the standard readio?

Normally you only have to enter the radio code when the battery has ran flat or you have disconected it.

Yes thats the garage, i noticed this car last decmeber when it was there :D

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Anyone know if you can buy the same thing or an adaptor so it plays USB stick too or instead of ????

speak to MTaudio they sorted me out with mine for like £12. They plug in the back of the standard headunit then just bring it round the front.

Sorry to bump this but is MTaudio a user on here or a company? I just want to hook my ipod up to the Standard headunit, best way to go about it?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Sorry to bump this but is MTaudio a user on here or a company? I just want to hook my ipod up to the Standard headunit, best way to go about it?

Both...he started off as a member, but is now a trader and sells car audio equipment.