ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone Battery Power?

Civic Type S GT
I got my iPhone 3GS yesterday and did the whole set up on iTunes and what not and phoned Orange and got my iPhone bundle, but the battery power seems to be draining fairly quickly. I had it on charge last night and have hardly used it today and i'm on 70% already.

Anyone else having similar problem or have a solution for this? Or is it me just being paranoid?

Thanks, Cal.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Battery power is pretty poor anyway mate. However, a few things that do help is to turn brightness down you never need it on full and also turn off auto-check for emails every x minutes unless its something you really need.

You *should* get a days use out of it through normal use.

Civic Type S GT
I'm almost positive its running 3.1.3 to be fair.
I havnt change any of the settings since I turned it on yesterday, i'll have to have a play around.
Its a cracking little phone, luv it!

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Thats the other thing aswell mate, for the first few months, you'll be unlocking and locking it and just going on it for the sake of going on it all the time because its new and exciting.

Once the novely wears off a bit you won't do that so much and you'll find the battery lasts much better :)

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
iphones are cack!! i just bought a n900 so hope thats better for battery, if not it will be a BB 9700 me thinks

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Mine last 2/3 days but I can't use it at work. Had 4 days once.

I get at most a day on a 3GS.. sometimes not a full day if I use it loads.

But I do have an Exchange account constantly on push, an IMAP account on push, few apps with push notifications on, etc. 3G, Wifi, and Bluetooth on constantly. Connects to Bluetooth in car (around 1 hour 30 mins a day). 3G most of the day, and a mixture of GPRS/Edge/WiFi at night. And I use around 40 minutes a day average on calls. Brightness is on half.

I very rarely get more than a day and a night... so I just charge it every night.
Saying that, I could probably use it for around 2/3 hours a day for calls, and it'll still last until I go to bed.

My 3G lasted about the same.. and it's never changed with any software update.

Last edited: