ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone battery issue

Peddled device
Since iOS 10 my iPhone 6 has been playing up. The percentage of battery life remaining is all over the place. 80% down to 25% in minutes. Then down to 1% but it has power for hours. Plug it in to recharge and it jumps to 33%, then down to 19%. It will sometimes shutdown on 25%+ power and only restart when plugged back in, when it then shows over 30%. WTF?!

Is there any fix (apart from a new phone!) ? I've looked on forums, but it seems there's nothing. It's almost as if Apple are turning a blind eye to some kind of f*** up !

MartinL1993

ClioSport Moderator
I've also noticed the same, had put it down to working nights though as I'm quite sporadic at charging at the best of times

Listerine & Poledo
Yep, they all start doing this. Conveniently not long after the new model is released. Mine was doing the same

All you can do is ensure you're on latest software version and do full 0%-100% charges. That stopped mine playing this game, no guarantee it'll work for you though :/

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Yep, they all start doing this. Conveniently not long after the new model is released. Mine was doing the same

All you can do is ensure you're on latest software version and do full 0%-100% charges. That stopped mine playing this game, no guarantee it'll work for you though :/
Yeah mine also started doing this after the latest software update. I found it was happening specifically when I was out walking the dog and the phone got cold from me looking on the net whilst walking.

Did the let it drop to 0% and charged to 100% a few times and its (touch wood) been ok since.

Peddled device
Its been doing it since iOS 10 (and its on the latest update), hot or cold, fully charged or down to zero and dead.

Bring back Steve Jobs !

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Problems always arise when the new phone comes out.

Standard Apple. How they get away with it I don't know!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Taking new lithium batteries from 0-100 percent and back to 0 is actually bad for them.

40-80% is the sweet spot.

Clio 182
Mines not doing the drop since I removed the new software.
My phone had downloaded it but not installed it.
Maybe a coincidence though.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Since iOS 10 my iPhone 6 has been playing up. The percentage of battery life remaining is all over the place. 80% down to 25% in minutes. Then down to 1% but it has power for hours. Plug it in to recharge and it jumps to 33%, then down to 19%. It will sometimes shutdown on 25%+ power and only restart when plugged back in, when it then shows over 30%. WTF?!

Is there any fix (apart from a new phone!) ? I've looked on forums, but it seems there's nothing. It's almost as if Apple are turning a blind eye to some kind of f*** up !

Charge your phone only with a genuine apple charger
And lead.

Drain the battery right down until the phone switches off then charge it back up to full and repeat.

Do this a few times and it should sort your issue. It worked for me

Oo interesting, thanks. I bought my 6S in September 2015 and it does it. Well, sometimes it gets right down to a couple of percent and then I'll plug it in, and others it will get to something like 23% and shutdown.

I'm sure in the past Apple have given you the option to enter your serial number which told you instantly whether your handset was one of the ones affected. My nearest apple shop is over 30 miles away so could do without the wasted trip. I'll mail them.

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
As above, mine is a 6 yet has the same issue.
My friend has a 6 and his is the same.

Love the way they mention if there are any marks or cracks etc they need to sort that out.. so will charge you for a new phone first lol.

Peddled device
The cold temperature here over the last few days didn't help. In the warmth my battery health is 80%, but in the cold it went down to 40% (not unusual I guess). I'm sure it is down to iOS10.

Apple confirmed my handset is one of the affected so I need to book and appointment for a battery replacement.

I asked for a freebie to be thrown in, such as a new case for inconvenience but they didn't sound interested. Will try at the appointment and see what they can do for me.

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
Mine is eligible but there's no appointment anywhere near for the next week, I've got 3 stores near me and I can't get a bloody appointment, theyre trying to send me to Carphone Warehouse

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Apparently they can't do the repair until after 5th December due to availability of the batteries, so I'll book in for after that.

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
I didn't know about the 5th issue, but I'm waiting the store now in Solihull, let's see what happens..

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
Stood there for 15minutes, to be told, nah we got to order some more. cheers u c***s why didn't you tell me that when I said "yeah ive got a genius appointment to get my battery replaced"

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
My 6s is driving me f**king mad!

Charging the b*****d thing all the bloody time! And I've got a small crack in the screen so apple don't want to know!

Funny isn't it, if I had a chip in the screen of my golf and the engine had trouble, vw wouldn't tell me to f**k off! But okay when it's Apple

c***s

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah mine also started doing this after the latest software update. I found it was happening specifically when I was out walking the dog and the phone got cold from me looking on the net whilst walking.

Same here on my 5. Did the 15 min walk to the barbers on Saturday and had about a 10 min phone conversation in that.

Got to the barbers and the battery was on 54%. Went to check my email and the phone just switched off. Complained that it needed charging and I left it about ten minutes while reading the paper. Tried switching it back on and it worked - showing 49% battery this time.

Just weird.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Stood there for 15minutes, to be told, nah we got to order some more. cheers u c***s why didn't you tell me that when I said "yeah ive got a genius appointment to get my battery replaced"
The guy I spoke to on live chat told me it needs to be after 5th December, looks like you didn't get that memo...

I went in on the 1st December and they had batteries. Guess it depends on how many people have booked in to each branch and whether they have any left from the last delivery.

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
The guy I spoke to on live chat told me it needs to be after 5th December, looks like you didn't get that memo...

Nope, nothing on live chat about it, but didn't mention it when I said I'm here for battery replacement either. Then decided to tell me after 15mins of me standing round the shop like a mongo.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Nope, nothing on live chat about it, but didn't mention it when I said I'm here for battery replacement either. Then decided to tell me after 15mins of me standing round the shop like a mongo.
Upsetting! :confused:

I on the other hand can't seem to get an appointment at any of the Apples stores near me, they all seem to be fully booked up for the next week, which is all you can see on the system and they're all at least 45 mins away or more. :down:
Contemplating posting it off for repair, but the thought of having no phone for a few days is horrifying!!! :fearscream:

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
Upsetting! :confused:

I on the other hand can't seem to get an appointment at any of the Apples stores near me, they all seem to be fully booked up for the next week, which is all you can see on the system and they're all at least 45 mins away or more. :down:
Contemplating posting it off for repair, but the thought of having no phone for a few days is horrifying!!! :fearscream:

Rich, I suggest you ring the store and tell them to order you a battery as they said I can walk in without an appointment when they have my battery in store.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Rich, I suggest you ring the store and tell them to order you a battery as they said I can walk in without an appointment when they have my battery in store.
Winner, I'll probably wait until after Xmas now when it's calmed down though