ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone at last.. ooooo!

Mini Cooper S sport
So I now have an iPhone 4S as a work phone! It's on Vodafone (not my choice), and the first iPhone I've ever had.

I must admit I do like it, it does look and feel like a quality product.

Now I just need to learn how it works!

Still debating whether or not to keep my GS2 but I think it may have to go. No need to spend £27 a month when the 4S should do everything I need.

Really I just wanted to join the geeks and post in Apple chat..

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I hated my 4 when I first got it. Took me about two weeks to come around. True story.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
My work phone is a Blackberry and I hate the damn thing, iPhones are the best.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Regardless of what you think of Apple as a whole (and I can see why people are anti Apple), the iPhone is leaps and bounds ahead of everything else on the market.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
About to grab a 4S as my work phone as well, currently have a Blackberry for my personal phone so think I'm doing it wrong :p

Plan is I've got a small sim on the way with adapter so I can use the iPhone as a personal one when need be if I like it, otherwise will just keep the BB as my own.

Mini Cooper S sport
My work phone is a Blackberry and I hate the damn thing, iPhones are the best.

My old work phone was a Blackberry. So s**t, which is why I have two phones. However, the BB has a function whereby you can turn off all alerts except phone calls, which is really useful. So I don't get alerts for emails and s**t but if someone needs to call me, I'll hear it. iPhone doesnt have that. It's all on, or all off.

I like the GS2, android has so many more apps which are free. Apple has jack s**t! Also, with ICS it's GREAT.

I like the 4S though. It just feels like quality.

Maybe I'll just keep both.

AK

M240i
You sure?

5c1402d9-7764-3d15.jpg

My old work phone was a Blackberry. So s**t, which is why I have two phones. However, the BB has a function whereby you can turn off all alerts except phone calls, which is really useful. So I don't get alerts for emails and s**t but if someone needs to call me, I'll hear it. iPhone doesnt have that. It's all on, or all off.

I like the GS2, android has so many more apps which are free. Apple has jack s**t! Also, with ICS it's GREAT.

I like the 4S though. It just feels like quality.

Maybe I'll just keep both.

Oh Ali.

1) You can change whatever you want to on/off for alerts.

Settings > Sounds and then just change the ones you don't want to 'none' and leave it to ring.

2) There's thousands and thousands of more free and non-virus-ridden apps for iOS

What app did you want?

Mini Cooper S sport
Oh Ali.

1) You can change whatever you want to on/off for alerts.

Settings > Sounds and then just change the ones you don't want to 'none' and leave it to ring.

But it's a pain doing that every night!! With the BB you could set it to 'ring only' really easily. Literally the only useful thing it did.

I need to be contactable by phone at all times, but I don't want text and email alerts waking me up.

As for the apps, it's just a fact - there are more free apps on Android, and it's noticeable. I'm not that fussed though.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I couldn't be bothered doing that every night. I put my phone in flight mode on a night, I don't want to speak to anyone while I'm sleeping. That's my personal phone, not my work phone. That used to get turned off as soon I finished everyday.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
I couldn't be bothered doing that every night. I put my phone in flight mode on a night, I don't want to speak to anyone while I'm sleeping. That's my personal phone, not my work phone. That used to get turned off as soon I finished everyday.

My phone hasnt been turned off since i bought it. (apart from when i was jailbreaking it)