ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 7

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
How does an article from 2014 about android help me here? Lol. Genuinely not sure how this works on the new update.

Works via maps, when you disconnect from the car it sticks a pin where it is.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I have the choice between an iPhone 7 256GB in Matte Black or an iPhone 7 Plus 256GB in Gold.

Not sure which to go for.

White APE
Hmmm well I drove to work this morning, the feature is enabled in the settings, car is always paired to phone with Bluetooth.

Do you have to have the map app running in order for this to wrk?

I got nothing and this is a screenshot of where I am. Nothing showing where my car is.

43f1c509c6de420d671c6fa74887cc5b.jpg

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hmm, try making a few phone calls through the bluetooth and see if it works, also frequent locations needs to be on under privacy.

White APE
Mines definitely not working.

541a584f0e88c45df7ace4075cc16217.jpg

a9652f8ea1a5b4135721bad84412b112.jpg

Rebooted my phone, erased the car as a Bluetooth device and re paired. Made several phone calls via Bluetooth in the car.

Still doesn't work.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Mine is switched off and I don't have to? I have literally just updated so maybe this was an error that was fixed!

If you lock it then unlock it you only need one click, but if it's left a while you do have to double click.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Lisa gets hers tomorrow. I haven't had a iphone in years but quite excited to have a look. It will be between a 7 plus or note 7 for me.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
The Note? the same phone that keeps burning peoples houses down when it's battery explodes?

I'd take the iphone personally.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The Note? the same phone that keeps burning peoples houses down when it's battery explodes?

Well of course that issue will be sorted soon. We haven't seen if the iphone has any features which haven't been advertised yet..

BMW 330ci
I have one on order but won't be here till first week of October and I'm going on holiday Sunday so would like it for then really as ATM I have no phone. What are the chances of walking in tomorrow and getting one ? I know there's usually ridiculous queues but won't be going in till about 10/11 if I phoned up would they tell me how much stock they had ?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Worth a shot, but don't be surprised if they don't give you a straight answer and basically tell you to come down the store and try your luck.

Ocrlew

ClioSport Club Member
oh and also i know that if anyone wants one on release day KRC in Nottingham (victoria centre) still have a few left which they have in stock including plus' not all colors though for pick up tomorrow ( where im getting mine from in the morning, ive pre ordered tho)

Has it actally burnt down someones house??! I know some guy in America said that it burnt his Jeep... but that can only be a good thing right?!

The misses Spigen case arrived yesterday - no idea when phone is coming... does it say on o2 website?

dk

911 GTS Cab
Mine is switched off and I don't have to? I have literally just updated so maybe this was an error that was fixed!
its by design, one click to bring up the info centre and camera, then a second press if you actually want to go into the phone.

This is because there is much more functionality from the lock screen now, so you might not want to actually go into the phone immediately.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
I use maps quite a lot and was reading all your comments yesterday about the parked car feature.

Then when I got home my phone notified me about where my car was parked lol - other half mentioned something interesting though.. what happens in a multi story car park

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
I use maps quite a lot and was reading all your comments yesterday about the parked car feature.

Then when I got home my phone notified me about where my car was parked lol - other half mentioned something interesting though.. what happens in a multi story car park

Do you have your home address set up in your phone? It should ignore you being parked when at home.

Wifes o2 order says despatched via Parceline on 13th September. Click on tracking and it goes to DPD website...

'We've received your order details, and we're expecting your parcel shortly'

Hopfully it will arrive tomorrow!

SQ5

Your iPhone does height so it could potentially tell you how high up it is

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
its by design, one click to bring up the info centre and camera, then a second press if you actually want to go into the phone.

This is because there is much more functionality from the lock screen now, so you might not want to actually go into the phone immediately.
Still no idea what this feature is or isnt. I hit the home button the same way as before the update and boom. I'm in. My is selected off and nothing has changed?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Do apple maps have traffic on them now? Will it tell you if there's likely delays on route home etc

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
It's always done that for me.
As soon as I get in a car, it will tell me how long it will take and what sort of traffic there is.
Excellent. I haven't had a iphone for years but tempted to return. When I had one it didn't do this.
It's one of the features I like about my android phone. It's worked out when I tend to leave for work and if there is delays on route home it will alert me before I leave. Sounds like apple have this in the bag now though. Another plus point.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Excellent. I haven't had a iphone for years but tempted to return. When I had one it didn't do this.
It's one of the features I like about my android phone. It's worked out when I tend to leave for work and if there is delays on route home it will alert me before I leave. Sounds like apple have this in the bag now though. Another plus point.
Same as the iphone. It just see's regular driving patterns. (work/gym and home) and does it. It's really good to be fair.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Wifes o2 order says despatched via Parceline on 13th September. Click on tracking and it goes to DPD website...

'We've received your order details, and we're expecting your parcel shortly'

Hopfully it will arrive tomorrow!
All iphones are delivered by DPD. Lisa works for them and can see hers is out tomorrow so I suspect your wifes will be too. :wink: