ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 7

I usually use a case, Apple leather one. A couple of months ago for whatever reason I decided to remove it, working on the Clio, knelt down, phone hit the ground, screen smashed to s**t, first time ever damaging a phone 😧 Case for me, but agree, wouldn't fit a cheap feeling one

dk

911 GTS Cab
Ordered a black matt 7 plus 256gb, baller spec, this was at 8:05 am as soon as the site worked, but it still said 6-8 working days, it's due at the end of September. I clicked business address, not sure if that made a difference, it said they choose a different delivery company as the have to deliver earlier in the day.

Then I also ordered a watch 2 in black, that's also due the end of September.

Bloody expensive day!

320d M Sport
I've ordered a plus for the first time. Was worried it was gonna be too big but having had a Note 4 today to use it's really not. I think when I went from a 5 it felt huge, coming from a 6 it feels just right.

Just s**t I gotta wait 6 weeks for o2 to get it [emoji35]

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Ordered a black matt 7 plus 256gb, baller spec, this was at 8:05 am as soon as the site worked, but it still said 6-8 working days, it's due at the end of September. I clicked business address, not sure if that made a difference, it said they choose a different delivery company as the have to deliver earlier in the day.

Then I also ordered a watch 2 in black, that's also due the end of September.

Bloody expensive day!

Which strap did you go for?

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm honestly shocked people think they're so big. I'm using it to type this and I honestly don't think I'd mind it if it was a little bigger.
I'm using it now. I think Non-Plus phones are too small, especially when typing!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Indeed. Absolutely dog s**t deal. Apple are just counting on people going "Uhhhh £819 is a lot more than £46 a month, I'll pay monthly". Believe it or not, they're not trying to give them away :smile:

I might still get one.. Can't decide. £819 feels like a lot for a phone.

Haven't read the last few pages, but in case it hasn't been mentioned... the Apple deal thing is interest free.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Which strap did you go for?
black rubber, i've heard they're good, i was going to go with the nylon at first, i can't go for a fancy one as I'm intending to use it for swimming.

I've never tried an apple watch on, which thinking about it, is strange seeing as they've been out a year, no idea why i havent.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
black rubber, i've heard they're good, i was going to go with the nylon at first, i can't go for a fancy one as I'm intending to use it for swimming.

I've never tried an apple watch on, which thinking about it, is strange seeing as they've been out a year, no idea why i havent.

Me neither.

I'm thinking about going for the black SS with black linked bracelet. At 1k it's very expensive though. I'm not sure it's worth the cost.

Apple tax.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Me neither.

I'm thinking about going for the black SS with black linked bracelet. At 1k it's very expensive though. I'm not sure it's worth the cost.

Apple tax.
i was going for the same, but then read i couldnt use that strap for swimming, then i spoke to a mate who always buys the most expensive of any item and he has the bog standard sport with rubber strap watch1 and said its great, the SS is really not worth it, its just heavier and more expensive, as he pointed out, innards and features are the same.

And so for my first one, i thought i'd go for the cheapest to see if i like it.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Is the 7 the same size as the 6? As in the same body? I've got a small case that I'd like to keep.
Same size, but the camera is a different size and slightly different location. So the cutout in the case for it might not fit.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
i was going for the same, but then read i couldnt use that strap for swimming, then i spoke to a mate who always buys the most expensive of any item and he has the bog standard sport with rubber strap watch1 and said its great, the SS is really not worth it, its just heavier and more expensive, as he pointed out, innards and features are the same.

So you went for the Aluminium?

I agree regarding the bands, a £600 strap doesn't really sit well with me, especially when its function over form.

Reactions: dk

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member

The only major plus the SS has is the fact the screen is proper sapphire crystal where as the sport isnt. But its defo not worth the extra money, no way.

Reactions: dk

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
What they charge for straps is baffling imo. Especially given that they don't feel particularly brilliant in terms of quality.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
So do you give the phone back after 11 months?

I've always bought the phone outright then resold it for 60-70%ish so it's only a few hundred upgrade but that sounds cheaper.

Yes, but you get a new phone as a perk. The only way you keep the phone outright is paying the full whack. If you kept it after 11 payments you'd have only paid around £500 - £600 of the phone's value. No way they'd let you keep the phone and get another one as an upgrade.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
But I just don't understand the point of it? Regardless of who does it.

Now we are keeping phones for longer, keeping a battery healthy is more important than before. With wireless charging, every time you want to use the phone you're taking it off charge. I only need to look at my other half's phone to see what that does to a battery, she charges it for 20 seconds so it comes back on, but then wants to be in another room, and just mullers her battery.

The car example actually isn't bad, but at work? I charge my phone once a day, over night, always have done. Why would I need to put my phone on charge every time I sit down?

I had the option of wireless charging in my upcoming car. It would've been pointless for me even if Apple had implemented wireless charging, due to the fact that Apple CarPlay needs a lightning cable, as Brown Bear stated. Plus, plugging a cable in really isn't that much effort...

I'll laugh so hard when Apple finally do implement wireless charging, you know full well iphone owners will go on like the second coming of Jesus.

Everyone is expecting big things of next years phone, if wireless charging is coming it's coming next year.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
With people who say the regular phones are too small and the plus ones are just right...

Are the pluses your only device?

I see the appeal of the plus if you don't have a MacBook/iPad, but to have a massive phone and an iPad seems unnecessary to me.

Same as having an iPad mini. Too big to be a portable phone and too small to be an iPad

All imo of course

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
With people who say the regular phones are too small and the plus ones are just right...

I see the appeal of the plus if you don't have a MacBook/iPad, but to have a massive phone and an iPad seems unnecessary to me.

Same as having an iPad mini. Too big to be a portable phone and too small to be an iPad

All imo of course
I have a normal iPad, MacBook Pro 13" and the 6S plus.
I just don't like small things. Bigger is always better.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member

All imo of course
Nope - I have an iPad Air 2 and a MB Air as well. I'm on my second iPhone Plus now, my Mrs has a normal 6, it's far too small.

Suzuki Jimny

All imo of course

I still prefer my old iphone 4 size to my current 5s. Also have an ipad mini. All about the small :)
I was one of the few people that bought a gameboy micro too!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
It was late October, is this coming to iOS 10 or 7's? It's only a software thing so it should be able to on all I guess, but I imagine it won't.
It'l only work on the 7+ with its dual camera afaik.

It works using both cameras. 7+ is the only phone with 2 cameras

SQ5
It'l only work on the 7+ with its dual camera afaik.

It works using both cameras. 7+ is the only phone with 2 cameras

Ahh ok, I knew it was a software thing that did it but didn't realise it did it using both cameras!

Thanks.

Slow red one
Anyone ever walked in to the apple shop on release day and had much luck? Planning to do it in the afternoon but not bothered weather I get one or not as there's no rush.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Pick the right store and it's usually dead, out of town shopping centre or something is usually a good bet.