ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 7

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I moved to active noise cancelling headphones recently.

£40 from Amazon and I honestly can't tell noticable difference in SQ between them and the £300 Studio Beats that Apple sell. They're amazingly good, but sometimes you do want to plug them into the port rather than using bluetooth. That said, I can't remember the last time I needed to charge my phone at the same time as having anything plugged into the 3.5mm jack.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
But the standard headphones were fine. £10 a pop or whatever. Now you're forced to spend quite a hefty sum, be it Apple or not, for something completely unnecessary.
The phone comes with headphones and an adapter to use any other headphones though so what's the difference. Other than not being able to charge at the same time, but how often do you do that?

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
but then you loose access to the charging port and are forced to pay a significant premium if you want to upgrade over the toss standard headphones.

Apples always been that way tho, "premium" products for a high price.

No doubt someone will come out with an adapter to allow you to charge and listen for a couple of pounds.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I nearly bought the Studio Beats headphones. £320 in Apple. £300 on Amazon for all colours apart from red which were £200.

In the questions and answers someone asked "Why is the red pair £100 cheaper?" and someone answered "Because they're red and look s**t".

Made me lol

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
The phone comes with headphones and an adapter to use any other headphones though so what's the difference. Other than not being able to charge at the same time, but how often do you do that?

I do that every day, whilst driving. Especially as the battery life is so poor.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Everything new is a gimmick until the rest of the world catches up. Then it becomes standard and we moan about the next new gimmick .
Yep. I remember my Sony Ericsson T68i (?) with an attachable camera. Just a bit of a fun novelty, now we have phones with better cameras than cameras.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
If you're using the Apple Payment Programme, you pre-order online tomorrow and then collect in a chosen store on the 16th. So you don't have to pay anything tomorrow. You are limited to 2 pre-orders online.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Thinking about it, 2x zoom is absolutely c**k all. Marketing gimmick or actually useful? I'm trying to think of a scenario where 2x optical zoom will be the difference between a good and bad photo.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Thinking about it, 2x zoom is absolutely c**k all. Marketing gimmick or actually useful? I'm trying to think of a scenario where 2x optical zoom will be the difference between a good and bad photo.

2x optical is a good thing. 2x optical zoom gives half the height and width of no zoom, so 1/4 the size of the original image. Like cropping the image for example.

The advantage over just cropping is that you keep he same quality as you would at 1x zoom.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Spoke to O2 today and was told Pre Orders will be from 8am on the 9th.

Can only pre order via there site or by phone and "not" in-store.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Are these likely to make a little extra if people can't get hold of one and sell one on eBay (does that still happen)
I want to buy both blacks just incase I don't like the piano black one.

320d M Sport
So when they in Apple to see which colour to buy?

Also is there actually any decent pics of each black..? Can only find the Apple ones.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
What's the Apple Payment Programme? Is that the UK Upgrade program or something different?

http://www.apple.com/uk/shop/iphone/iphone-upgrade-program

It's not bad but add that payment to my SIM only deal and it's basically £55 p/m for the cheapest iPhone 7 going... depends if having a new iPhone each year is worth that to you or not. It used to be! I used to pay £65 p/m for a 12 month contract but my priorities have changed.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
http://www.apple.com/uk/shop/iphone/iphone-upgrade-program

It's not bad but add that payment to my SIM only deal and it's basically £55 p/m for the cheapest iPhone 7 going... depends if having a new iPhone each year is worth that to you or not. It used to be! I used to pay £65 p/m for a 12 month contract but my priorities have changed.

This is what I'm doing !
Going for the iPhone 7 128gb and taking a sim only contact

£32.50 + £28.90 = £61.40

Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 20.35.40.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 20.35.52.png

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Yeah but you dont get to keep the phone at the end? So you cant offset the price you get at the end of the contract against the cost of the contract..
Indeed. Absolutely dog s**t deal. Apple are just counting on people going "Uhhhh £819 is a lot more than £46 a month, I'll pay monthly". Believe it or not, they're not trying to give them away :)

I might still get one.. Can't decide. £819 feels like a lot for a phone.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Are these likely to make a little extra if people can't get hold of one and sell one on eBay (does that still happen)
I want to buy both blacks just incase I don't like the piano black one.
I'd be surprised if they sold out of the bigger ones. I really can't see that many people walking into Apple with £8-900 looking for a new phone.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
I paid £50 per month for two years when the 6 came out, regretted every month!
its hardly bank breaking! I spend more than that in 3 days at work for lunch lol..If you want a decent phone you have to pays your moneys. Think my current contract with 3 is about £62pm :(

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
its hardly bank breaking! I spend more than that in 3 days at work for lunch lol..If you want a decent phone you have to pays your moneys. Think my current contract with 3 is about £62pm 😧

You spend £15 a day on lunch?! No, definitely not bank breaking, but just seems a lot for what it is I suppose.