ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
All i hope is the battery life is worse, charging a phone twice a day really does it for me TBH.

My Galaxy S3 is f**king s**t!! Charge it over night, then take my charger to work with me as the battery is usually dead before 10 oclock!

Think ill probably be going for an Iphone next time!

DB.

BMW 440i
It's a good 8-9 months + away lol!

I only hope hope for a better battery as my 5 contract will be up next September.

An orange one
We will all say we aren't changing this time, and as soon as it's announced we crumble and buy anyways.

We are apples bitches :( Having said that I do really love my 5S, I had 3 5's in a year it almost put me off apple for life, but this one is on top form

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm still on 5, so will either go to 6 or see if I can hold out and make the change to the S models (never had one).

My Galaxy S3 is f**king s**t!! Charge it over night, then take my charger to work with me as the battery is usually dead before 10 oclock!

Have you not considered just buying a new battery...?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I have yes... but ill just moan about my current one for now ;)

Contract isnt up until august anyways so ill hang on for the 6

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member

I reckon you've got a battery problem, Samsung will replace them free of charge if you go to a service centre. I got a new battery last Friday because my S4 kept turning itself off at random times, now I'm getting 2 days on a charge easy, could probably get 3 if I did less internet browsing.

Check to see if the battery has swolen so it's no longer perfectly flat.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
My phone keepa turning off aswell, it was very hot yesterday on my way home from work after playing some music. Ill try and find out the closest place

Thanks for that!

Anyways, back on topic :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
All i hope is the battery life is worse, charging a phone twice a day really does it for me TBH.

That's because you're a serial skirt chaser Pirate!

All rumours anyway, as always i'll believe it when I see the finished product.

S4 Avant
I hope they sort the design. The anodised finish is the worst thing going. There's not a single 5 around that doesn't look tatty.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
My White one doesn't look tatty, zero marks on it. My colleagues looks like he uses it as a hammer. Granted the black ones are poor.

My one has never had a case on it and it's immaculate.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Probably get a 6. I'm on the none S cycle.

I'd be very grateful of they could sort the battery life out, as my 5 is abysmal.

Granted it gets a fair bit of use through the day, but my 4 had the same usage and would last the day without issue. Now I'm usually charging mid way through the day if I've used the phone moderately.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
I hope they sort the design. The anodised finish is the worst thing going. There's not a single 5 around that doesn't look tatty.

The 5S is a thousand times better for that though. Not a single mark on this one and I had loads on my slate 5.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Probably get a 6. I'm on the none S cycle.

I'd be very grateful of they could sort the battery life out, as my 5 is abysmal.

Granted it gets a fair bit of use through the day, but my 4 had the same usage and would last the day without issue. Now I'm usually charging mid way through the day if I've used the phone moderately.

Get a new battery? Sorted mine instantly.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Get a new battery? Sorted mine instantly.

That would mean having to undo screws on my phone, which will result in me breaking my phone.

I will look into it though, as it's a year old, and needs to last another year.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Get apple to do it. Its not the cheapest process, but hey ho. I had mine done at 13 months under apple care.

Listerine & Poledo
Still on my launch-edition 5.
Slapped a 5s case on the back, a Zagg protector on the front. It's still mint. Have to clear a few bits out every now and again (only a 32gb), but it hasn's skipped a beat.
It has (and I dont like to admit such things) been a good sight easier to live with than any of the android kit I've had before.

RE the 6, The only rumour I heard was that the entire phone would exist in 3D.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Get apple to do it. Its not the cheapest process, but hey ho. I had mine done at 13 months under apple care.

Booked for Sunday. See what they say. Hopefully my phone is under. 12 months old.

Cheers Tom.

Golf R/Leon FR
I still like my 5S but having no end of problems with it crashing all the time. Will go to Apple to sort it. The battery life on the 5S is great for me. Can be used all day and still have 40% left about 10pm.

Seat Leon Cupra 290
Ive kept my 5 in the apple 5s case since i bought it and its immaculate front and rear. In all honesty i would be happy with a 4 than spending extra on getting the 5s so i hope the new version is something a bit different this time.

Ive kept my 5 in the apple 5s case since i bought it and its immaculate front and rear. In all honesty i would be happy with a 4 than spending extra on getting the 5s so i hope the new version is something a bit different this time.

Not if you had iOS7 on the 4, things like opening the camera from lock screen take 5 attempts sometimes. Makes me want to throw it against the wall.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Batteries knackered in my iPhone 5S... kills 30% just sitting there idle overnight (used to kill 5%) anyway I might switch over to Windows Phone if Microsoft release a Surface Phone!

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

Took it to Apple, in warranty, but the batter is at 80%, so 'there's nothing they can do in terms of a replacement / repair'.

Looks like either I'll be paying, or will be carrying a charger around with me.

Their other comments were, turn off blue tooth.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Basically I'd charge it really badly and try and increase the deg.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Apple changed my 5's battery FOC at 15 months old.

Personally I'm happy with the 5. If the 6 was just the 5 with a better battery I'd buy it. Had this discussion with friends yesterday and everyone is of the opinion that they are fast enough/do enough now, we just want better battery life.

Yellow 197
[h=1]iPhone 6 with 4.7 and 5.5-inch displays rumored again, iPhone 5c to get the axe[/h]By Adrian Diaconescu on February 14, 2014 12:07 am

• Comments:

No one can be sure of anything so early in iPhone 6’s production process, but reports are piling up to nearly set in stone two large-screen versions, a 4.7 and 5.5 incher.
iphone-6-concept.jpg
You’d think that, since September is still far down the line, either Apple iPhone 6 gossip would be kept to a minimum, or disregarded for lack of corroborating evidence. Yet no less than three, count’em, three different rumors have emerged in the past 48 hours, making Cupertino aficionados freak out at the perspective of a bezel-free new iPhone, then as sapphire glass was refuted as a possible display build material.
And now the sapphire theory is back on the table, along with exciting intel on panel size and resolutions. Apparently, Asian newspaper South China Morning Post has been in touch with “industry insiders who have seen the prototypes”, and they’ve verified the new iPhone screen will be made “entirely from scratch-resistant sapphire crystal glass”. Main benefit, if the scoop proves authentic? Increased reliability.
Also based on the word of these mysterious insiders, the first ever iPhablet is indeed landing later this year, with 5.5 inch of hopefully border-less screen real estate. But Apple isn’t ready to throw compact form factors aside altogether, so a 4.7-inch iPhone 6 may chaperone the biggest iOS-based handheld to the market.
iphone-6-concept-2.jpg

In spite of size inequality, the two iPhones are tipped to share the same pixel density, 441 ppi. Interestingly, 1,920 x 1,080 and 2,272 x 1,280, which looked like the prime pix res candidates not long ago, don’t deliver that exact ppi on the rumored dimensions. So something, somewhere is off.
As for 2013’s iPhones, apparently the 5c will be pulled from production, whereas the 5s shall stay around with a lower-quality, “cheaper” material. Wait, so a plastic 5s may roll out? But isn’t that a 5c?
Oh, I get it, 5c sales numbers are low, so Apple will have another go at the plastic thing under a different name. Sounds plausible, though it’s best to hold off for official news. The same goes foreverything iPhone 6-related.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The screen now needs to be bigger. Not note size but it's now a bit too small.

First render is pretty.