ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Re: iPhone 5. Pre-Orders 14/9. Ships 21/9. iOS6 19/9

Just to confirm, also:

Nano-SIM
iPhone 5 is not compatible with existing micro-SIM cards (which the iPhone 4/s uses)

LY 182

Need to see what the crack is with these Nano SIMS and for me personally if GiffGaff will be supplying them.

Black 32GB SIM free @ £600. Sell my 4 to Envirofone for £150 or better (currently £175). Not too much of a hit.

My 16GB 4s keeps filling up, so if I get the lanky fella I will get the 32gb this time.

Might sell mine through one of the online phone buying thingies as eBay and classifieds are going to be full of them! £270 is best price I have got.

Giffgaff will surely do nano sims, might just have to wait. No worries for me as hoping Pinlo will get cracking on a new slice case.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Yeah definitely a 32GB sim free for me @ £599 + the £25 adapter. Just debating colour and TBH I know nothing about these micro/nano sims as I'm still on the 3GS.

LY 182

Giffgaff will surely do nano sims, might just have to wait. No worries for me as hoping Pinlo will get cracking on a new slice case.

Yeah I was always going to wait anyway. My 4 still works fine so I'm by no means desperate to upgrade. I'll wait til the craze dies down a bit first and then just pop to my local Apple store and pick one up.

Yeah I was always going to wait anyway. My 4 still works fine so I'm by no means desperate to upgrade. I'll wait til the craze dies down a bit first and then just pop to my local Apple store and pick one up.

Will be doing the same, gives me a chance to go in store and check I like the new size etc. I think once the crazy rush to sell phones ends, it will probably be easier to sell one again!

There will be an announcement on giffgaff today with regards to nano sims. Think it's going to involve a lot of work their end to make sure everyone keeps their number!

Either going to stay with them or go with three. No one else can offer what I need - all you can eat data for cheap as chips cost!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon

iOS6 update for my 4 it is then. Either that or I jump from Three to EE just for the sake of a 5. Which I can't warrant as I can't complain about my 2 year old 4.

MINI FJCW

Great spot of the prices. The prices havent changed an awful lot tbh. When I bough the iPhone 4 outright on launch it was £599 so thats remained the same.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

I'm going with the normal o2 upgrade route, as normal.

Black 32GB will do me nicely. Although having the 64GB means I could have all my music on there... Hmm! :eek:

Tesla MP3 2021

I have no need for large capacity devices thanks to iTunes Match and Spotify. The majority of my current storage is taken up by photos and vids - 5Gb

The iPhone 4 is now over 2 years old and GiffGaff still don't do micro-sims. You have to cut it down yourself.

I wouldn't hold out much hope of them doing a nano-sim.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

r****d question here

Would there be a performance difference between a 16gb iPhone 5 at 95% capacity compared to a 32gb iPhone 5 at 50%?

Revels Mum & Sister

Loving the new one. I have a 4S at the moment. I will probably get a 5 nearer Christmas other stuff to pay for first though. The missus only has a 4 at the moment and is due an upgrade in a month so she will go for the 5.

I am however debating a ipod Touch. Just wish it had GPS :(

CBR1000RR Fireblade

The iPhone 4 is now over 2 years old and GiffGaff still don't do micro-sims. You have to cut it down yourself.

I wouldn't hold out much hope of them doing a nano-sim.

Yes they do and no you don't.

r****d question here

Would there be a performance difference between a 16gb iPhone 5 at 95% capacity compared to a 32gb iPhone 5 at 50%?

None at all.

you sure?

My Dad ordered a sim from GiffGaff for his 4 but didn't mention anything about having to cut it down??

I was looking at it the other day and they send you a sim but give you links to show you how to cut it down.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Be a baller.

Sounds like some people have come to their senses, buying a 32GB because storage on the 16GB wasn't big enough!

Yup, I've had a 32GB 3GS & 4. I think the time/price is right to go full fat now.

Yes they do an no you don't.

At present, giffgaff does not offer micro-SIMs for iPhone 4. However, we do fully support customers who wish to cut down their sims to make a MicroSim.

You can order one from our helpful community members here.

If you want to do this yourself, you can find the template here. There is also a video on youtube, showing you how to do the cutting here.

http://support2.giffgaff.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/628/~/guide-to-using-an-iphone-on-giffgaff?

CBR1000RR Fireblade

Old information, I distribute sims for giffgaff and I have a micro sim in my current iPhone 4 handset so I know they do them.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Yup, I've had a 32GB 3GS & 4. I think the time/price is right to go full fat now.

Has that not been more than sufficient for you mate? I know you want more music capacity but do you need it for the extra £100 notes?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

I think I'm going for 64GB also, my 32GB is at the brim.

What time will pre-ordering open tomorrow? And I assume the Apple website will be a nightmare to get an order through.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

I hope by the time I return from holiday in first week of October they aren't all sold out.

Is that a possibility?

CBR1000RR Fireblade

Here are some photos I just took of a giffgaff sim I had lying around. As you can see the micro sim simply pushes out of the sim card and it can also be easily pushed back in if need be. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347529216.462845.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1347529260.450409.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1347529279.349708.jpg

No cutting required.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Has that not been more than sufficient for you mate? I know you want more music capacity but do you need it for the extra £100 notes?

Dunno really... I'll decide on the day I think. It'd be nice to have, definitely.

I've got 26GB of music on my 32GB 4 at present and can't have any movies because the rest is taken up by apps and photos.

Mind you, I've got 49GB of music on my iTunes, so with all the apps/nav/pics on the 64GB, I'd still not have room left for movies. Lol.

32GB.

Giffgaff do micro sims now as standard, been doing if ffor a couple of
months now.

Be interesting how they handle the nano sim issue, could end up losing a lot of customers.

I will see what they say about it today. I don't want to change, it's so damn cheap!

CBR1000RR Fireblade

Giffgaff will release a nano sim, I'm almost certain of it.

Mito Sportiva 135

I really can't see what is to get excited about this phone apart from a nice aluminium case? Other than Apple's own spiel, e.g. "this is the best thing EVER!" I can't see any real advances over the 4S.

No doubt it will still sell well, but there really is no significant advantage over the Android sets now.

Not trying to be controversial here at all - just can't see how it has generated so much excitement on here for what it actually is?!

Audi S1

I really can't see what is to get excited about this phone apart from a nice aluminium case? Other than Apple's own spiel, e.g. "this is the best thing EVER!" I can't see any real advances over the 4S.

No doubt it will still sell well, but there really is no significant advantage over the Android sets now.

Not trying to be controversial here at all - just can't see how it has generated so much excitement on here for what it actually is?!

2x faster, better camera, new design, 4G.

What more did you want?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

I've got a battered 3GS which I've performed open heart surgery on at least 30 times. My excitement is down to not being able to justify a 4 due to costs at the time and not buying a 4S because of the 5 coming out.

It's now here. I can't wait.

So will apps made especially for the 5 now not work on the 4 due to screen size? I know that the 4 ones with work on the 5 but developers will either have to make 2 versions or just concentrate on ones for the 5?

Im not quite sure why people are complaining about it not being much of an upgrade, what more can you fit and do in such a small form factor?!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

I hope they've tested the f*cking reception and antenna on this one.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

So will apps made especially for the 5 now not work on the 4 due to screen size? I know that the 4 ones with work on the 5 but developers will either have to make 2 versions or just concentrate on ones for the 5?

Im not quite sure why people are complaining about it not being much of an upgrade, what more can you fit and do in such a small form factor?!

The 4 ones will work on the 5 but will be centralised and possibly include borders if they can't be stretched. Not sure about backwards compatability though.