ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters
  320d M Sport
I've been using it for months and it's been fine. Media have blown it up out of all proportion. It's obviously not has good with sat imagery and content as google maps, but that didnt have turn by turn!

True.

But before you could search for let's say, Main Street, and it would bring up nearby streets with that name letting you pick. But now it either says no trace or puts you in America somewhere. Business searching is DIRE too.

ST
Ended up changing the misses over from a black 16gb to a 32 due to lack of stock.

She's now an iPhone convert - refers to the Apple store staff as Aliens lol.

The more I use the wife's 5 the less I like it. It just feels cheap and flimsy in the hand. I know it isn't, but I just think it feels that way. Black banding already starting to chip away. IMO the 5 is not a forward step at all and glad i didn't pre-order one.

Not everyone's opinion I know, and I await a Tom telling off!!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
The more I use the wife's 5 the less I like it. It just feels cheap and flimsy in the hand. I know it isn't, but I just think it feels that way. Black banding already starting to chip away. IMO the 5 is not a forward step at all and glad i didn't pre-order one.

The biggest problem with the 5 isn't the hardware, it's the software.

Maybe they've decided profit margins can be even bigger if you do the bare minimum of development.

I'd like to know exactly what the iOS team have been doing for the past year.

I don't expect major visual changes (and anybody expecting that obviously isn't familiar with apple - system 1 to 9 effectively looked the same and from the very first version of OSX to mountain lion it looks the same, although less stripey) but I do expect feature voids and irritations to be fixed, especially when you get the same lists appearing with every version that is released.

My biggest irritation with iOS 6/Mountain Lion is iCloud tabs. The fact that you can't toggle it on/off without disabling all Safari syncing, is quite frankly an insult. Yes I know what tabs are open on my Mac, I opened the f**ks. Massive fail.

LY 182
Mine has arrived :) if i take my old sim to a shop will they be able to transfer it to a nano sim ? If so how long does it take to be activated and what not

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63

I completely agree mate and said exactly the same thing a few pages back.

The 4/4s reeks of quality, the 5 not so much.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
anyone else struggling with contacts in the address book, for some reason they are not all showing, but when in the text message screen they all show?

An orange one
[SUP]feck, I've just added a new chip to the corner of mine after it touched the floor from about 10mm height... Something I did countless times with my 4 and the bezel didn't mark once!

This aluminium is far too soft... :(

oh well I guess it's stopped me being so paranoid with it as its no longer perfect! [/SUP]

An orange one
Is anyone else noticing wifi connection issues?

On my home wifi the iPhone will have a very unreliable connection, whereas my old iPhone 4 and my iPad 2 work like a trooper!

I havent (and have no intention of) putting iOS 6 on my iPad so I'm thinking it's a software issue

2 and a half weeks in and I'm still pretty unimpressed with this phone to be honest, I would happily welcome my old 4 back and unless apple seriously pull their finger out for the 6 in a couple of years time, this will be my last iPhone I'd say

Never above 25mpg

On my home wifi the iPhone will have a very unreliable connection, whereas my old iPhone 4 and my iPad 2 work like a trooper!

I havent (and have no intention of) putting iOS 6 on my iPad so I'm thinking it's a software issue

2 and a half weeks in and I'm still pretty unimpressed with this phone to be honest, I would happily welcome my old 4 back and unless apple seriously pull their finger out for the 6 in a couple of years time, this will be my last iPhone I'd say

Straight swap for your 5 ;) ?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Nope, my wifi is noticeably better now it's got 5ghz support.

No idea what this aversion is to iOS 6, it's much faster than iOS 5 on any device that supports it.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

No problems with my 5 here either.

An orange one
I've also noticed that when browsing CS on it, I can't do anything with the quick reply box... I have to click post reply and then type

Again, worked fine on ios 5

Maybe I should take it into apple this weekend with a list of faults, if other peoples work fine maybe I have a faulty one?? Don't get me wrong, I love apple...but I really feel let down with this new phone

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Nope, my wifi is noticeably better now it's got 5ghz support.

No idea what this aversion is to iOS 6, it's much faster than iOS 5 on any device that supports it.

Yeah mine is fine too.

Battery is much better as is overall speed.

The additional screen estate isn't that noticeable.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I wouldn't know. Tapatalk is so slick I never use cs in browser.

edit, just tested that QR issue, I'll check with Nik to see if we can sort it but I suspect it's a WebKit/vb thing.

Last edited:

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I've also noticed that when browsing CS on it, I can't do anything with the quick reply box... I have to click post reply and then type

Again, worked fine on ios 5

Maybe I should take it into apple this weekend with a list of faults, if other peoples work fine maybe I have a faulty one?? Don't get me wrong, I love apple...but I really feel let down with this new phone

I'm getting a load of "null" messages from another forum that I frequent (s2ki).

Usually get one every 2-3 hours, very annoying.

CEB37564-B11E-4EAE-8B4A-776A145837AC-903-000000C7DA138DA3.jpg

An orange one
I wouldn't know. Tapatalk is so slick I never use cs in browser.

edit, just tested that QR issue, I'll check with Nik to see if we can sort it but I suspect it's a WebKit/vb thing.

Cheers Tom, I always use QR so good to know its not a issue with my phone :)

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
My battery is definitely getting better with each full charge:

1st full charge:

BEF6903A-D768-44E2-BD8A-41CC4EAC2861-903-000000D40F79C34F.jpg

2nd full charge:

254C3DE3-DFCD-4855-BB68-A2A89B6BBF7C-903-000000D4156BA1C9.jpg

3rd full charge:

3B20AEC7-627D-45ED-B64B-7F9399069B6B-903-000000D41AB0D0E6.jpg

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
I watched in horror yesterday as my mate at work tried to fit a black hard plastic bumper onto his brand new 32gb black iPhone 5. The bumper had worn away so much paint from the top and side of the phone it was shocking. Brand new iPhone ruined.

ST
I watched in horror yesterday as my mate at work tried to fit a black hard plastic bumper onto his brand new 32gb black iPhone 5. The bumper had worn away so much paint from the top and side of the phone it was shocking. Brand new iPhone ruined.

Do you work with 'specials'?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63

The quality of the painted bezel is appalling.

DB.

BMW 440i
The difference between being connected to wireless and using 3G is unbelievable. First couple weeks of having my iPhone, I was waiting for my internet to be activated by Sky and was rinsing my 3G, and battery would barely last a day. Now I'm on wireless I will only use about 50% in a day.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm quietly impressed with my 5. Having come from a 3GS I'm obviously seeing more benefits than those with the 4/S prior.

Really pleased.

I don't have it with me at the moment, but just out of interest, how do you take a panoramic shot using the camera? Is there a button press or preload or something? Will have a go later.

No idea if this has been posted yet, but I've noticed this myself a few times. A screen shot does not show it for me.

http://www.iphoneinformer.com/4416-major-ios-6-problem-discovered-2/

I'm quietly impressed with my 5. Having come from a 3GS I'm obviously seeing more benefits than those with the 4/S prior.

Really pleased.

I don't have it with my at the moment, but just out of interest, how do you take a panoramic shot using the camera? Is there a button press or preload or something? Will have a go later.

Press 'Options' while the camera is open.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Cheers mate, will remember that.

It seems very quick and I like the new music layout (I only had iOS5 on the 3GS). The ear pods are nice too and seem to offer better quality in both sound and fitment.