ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5.

This is a poll.

• Total voters

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
For a hand sized item @ £700 I don't see whats wrong with <satisfaction <100% product?
Buy baller spec, expect baller spec.

Understand where your coming from but unless its louder than mine I can't see a problem.

i can't hear it during a normal day, only when it's dead quiet. And the button still works, and if its true that the 4s was the same that still worked a year down the line and I never noticed that one either.

function over fashion and all that

BG 182
Well phones4u have come through, iphone5 16gb delivered for my missus this morning, ordered Monday. My friend has been waiting 10 days since he ordered his 16gb direct through Vodafone. Very happy, just need a couple of cases now

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I ordered mine on the 14th IIRC, and it's still processing. Unbelievable.

It better be despatched soon.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
LOL. Has everyone else got theirs yet? I've been away for a week so unsure.

If I'd ordered on the morning of the 14th I'd have got it 2 weeks ago, but because I waited until the afternoon I'm now having to wait until 2nd - 8th October. Farce.

Walked into an O2 in Cardiff today and picked one up. Didn't realise how light/thin it would feel. I'm almost scared to use it now :eek:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Dock now compatible. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349375773.500595.jpg

£4 Bluetooth adaptor. Sorted. I'll get a black one for the other room.

Also a bit of poundland magic

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349375856.216488.jpg

320d M Sport
Walked into O2 Trafford tonight and got a black 16gb. The last One in Trafford apparently.

I can see it scratching very easily. Nice tho :)

Mercedes
Just got mine today, I was in the states on Launch day and only got home on Tuesday so had call to sort delivery.

5 Mins to set up no issues at all, feels really nice just need 4 Lightning cables now.

ST
The screen flicker seems to be an iOS6 thing, my 4S done it.. Unlock the screen and it goes dark sometimes until you lock it then unlock it again.

DB.

BMW 440i
You guys should have just waited for the next iPhone launch. The 5 is old news now! :rasp:

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
The headphone socket is so f**king annoying.

You can't stand the phone up and listen to music via head phones anymore. That is a massive design floor. The music player only gives you access to albums when side on. If you rotate it 180 deg the player is upside down!

Sort it Apple!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The headphone socket is so f**king annoying.

You can't stand the phone up and listen to music via head phones anymore. That is a massive design floor. The music player only gives you access to albums when side on. If you rotate it 180 deg the player is upside down!

Sort it Apple!

Stand the phone up? Surely just placing it on it's back wouldn't be a problem considering you're using headphones anyway?

They do seem to have buggered a few things up mind, I agree with that. Mine should be here for Monday, anyway.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Stand the phone up? Surely just placing it on it's back wouldn't be a problem considering you're using headphones anyway?

They do seem to have buggered a few things up mind, I agree with that. Mine should be here for Monday, anyway.

At the gym I prop it up on the treadmill, I can no longer do that. Ball ache.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Ahh yeah, good point.

Theres no real way of sorting that. Shame. As for the other problem I guess it could be fixed via an update. Not sure it will be unless enough people complain though.

dk

911 GTS Cab
The screen flicker seems to be an iOS6 thing, my 4S done it.. Unlock the screen and it goes dark sometimes until you lock it then unlock it again.

I had this and turned of auto brightness and have not had an issue since.

I used the iOS maps as a sat nav this week (800miles round trip).

I had no problems at all. In fact it quickly rerouted me when the A30 was closed due to an accident (it didn't auto reroute, but as soon as I left the road it did).

The UI is nice, and its just as good as the Skobbler free version I was using before.

Mk2 Ph2 172
I used the iOS maps as a sat nav this week (800miles round trip).

I had no problems at all. In fact it quickly rerouted me when the A30 was closed due to an accident (it didn't auto reroute, but as soon as I left the road it did).

The UI is nice, and its just as good as the Skobbler free version I was using before.

I found it much better than any free version you can download !!

The maps work well as a sat nav, quite impressed tbh to be a standard part of the the phone :)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I found it much better than any free version you can download !!

The maps work well as a sat nav, quite impressed tbh to be a standard part of the the phone :)

I've been using it for months and it's been fine. Media have blown it up out of all proportion. It's obviously not has good with sat imagery and content as google maps, but that didnt have turn by turn!