ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 5 + Bucket of Water..

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Chaps,

I dropped my phone in a bucket of water on Friday, it's been in the airing cupboard since..

I turned it on yesterday, & all seems fine other than the phone doesn't seem to be able to connect to o2. I have checked the sim in the misses's 5 & it's fine, any idea's?

I'm aware it's likely I'll end up swallowing the £120 replacement fee :dapprove:

I'm surprised it even survived at all to be honest lol. Best thing to do is to leave it in a sealed container with a load of rice overnight.

Have you tried your girlfriends sim in your phone too? Might help narrow it down a bit.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I did similar with an old nokia years ago and when it dried out it seemed to work.
Then a month later it was screwed, I was writing some software at Carphone warehouse's head office at the time and got one of the hardware guys there to take a look and it was rotting internally, so I think even if you get it working again that it will have started rotting and be fit for the bin a little further down the line.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for your replies all!

I haven't tried hers in mine yet (no smut intended).

It's seeminly working other than this which is frustrating! I'll give it a go!

Thanks Again

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I put it in a sock and spun it round my head, worked for a while but like chip said it then stopped a while later

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
It'll never be the same. In fact you'll probably find it'll get worse as it dries out.

I think you're right fella. It's working fine at the moment other than it won't connect to o2 (which lets face it, is a problem on a phone).

Clio 197 RB
I dropped mine in a bucket of water few weeks ago whilst cleaning the car, gave the phone a good shack and left it in the sun whilst I finished the car. It's been fine since (Touch Wood).

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
wet-phone-fix-rice-funny-264x376.jpg

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I fell head first in a koi carp pond in Jamaica with my iPhone in my pocket (steaming drunk) and its still working!

Focus RS, 182 gone
when i got my phone wet the same thing happened, basically i used so material on a fila gauge and ckeaned the simcard terminals inside. Worked a treat after. They get get slightly corroded thats why it wont work