ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

'Puddle' water in my radiator (lots of steam)

Basically I hit a rather large muddy puddle (it was like a flood) that I didn't see at around 25-30mph. I braked just before it hit but a lot of water splashed up, and also covered my bonnet! After, there was a lot of steam coming from the engine. The engine itself wasn't actually wet by some miracle, but we opened the bonnet and the steam carried on for about 5 minutes coming from just the front where the radiator is.

I thought the worst, but the car drove away fine and has been completely fine on the way home.

I'm thinking it's because a load of cold water met the warm radiator, but will it have caused any damage in the long run?

The steam stopped after about 2 minutes of driving after leaving it to cool down at the side of the road.

Cheers 🙈

2005 Clio 182
I did it in my Fiesta earlier, air intake isn't that low on the sport so you should be alright, as the other chap just said probably just the water steaming off your hot radiator :)

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Mine used to do it after i washed the car and then didn't drive it until the next day.

In standstill traffic it used to steam from the rad.