ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4S - Read post #1 before asking questions

Will you be buying an iPhone 4S

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Either my battery is amazing or some of you guys are really hammering your phones, I took mine off charge yesterday morning and stuck it on again late afternoon today, I only really use it for texts, calls, Facebook and CS via Tapatalk though but I'm forever picking it up and using it for something.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
what can be done about my battery then? i dont mind charging it every night but running out in the later part of the day can be rather annoying with me working shifts.

ive done most of the tricks, my brightness is down low, so low infact i find it quite annoying in the dark but ill survive.
i dont really understand all this push stuff, i just like the notifications i get when i get a FB message etc. ive turned the game notifications off tho. i always lock the phone once im doneim even trying to limit the ammount i use it (which is also a pain because i bought it to use it!)

apart from waiting for the new update what else can i do?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I want the same answer other members seem to have who are getting silly amounts of battery life on 1 charge.

i dont understand how the same phone can have such varying degrees of battery life.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Look into your notification settings more, do you allow location tracking?

Are you playing games on it or browsing the web/using apps?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
i play games on it frequently and browse the web, the occasional text and hardly any calls.

i think the location tracking is on a few things... not sure which tho as google says its off but when i ask siri the weather or something it tells me the weather in my location

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Just have a little look in settings and and flick a few notifications off or all of them, I don't play games on mine so that is obviously helping my battery life.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
will give it a go now, its a shame as its the only thing letting the phone down. cracking peice of kit!

if the new update sorts it out then i will be a happy bunny :)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
My old 3G's battery wasn't brilliant so I just switched off all notifications and it helped a lot.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
that defys the point of a smart phone for me tho unfortunatley. ill sack off the unused things tho!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Oh no doubt but always an option until the update.

I have most of the push stuff off as I get annoyed with my phone going off to find out its someone posting on a status I posted on 2 days ago.

260% JCW
photo.gif

Clio 172
Mine with pretty heavy use I don't really use push notifications for email etc, but lots of texting and web browsing with about 2/3 hours of listening to music while commuting.

IMG_0012.PNG

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I still have a s**t battery life. I had the shortest yet yesterday at 2 hours use and 4 hours standby with 10% battery life left.

Clio 172 cup
My 4s came today.

What best to do regarding its first charge??

Switch it on and let the battery drain then charge it or plug it in straight away??

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Mine eventually ran out at 7hrs 12 minutes of usage with 1 day 3 hours of standby, so you can see the beta makes a small difference.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I got a brand new one Saturday after smashing mine, battery on it actually seems better. First one may have been faulty. It's on 75% right now, taken off this morning at 7:30, and used on and off during the working day.

Fuk.....

Having my phone in my cycle bag didn't end well. The home button doesn't work now, and there's what looks like water vapour behind the screen :(

Wasn't an issue with any of my other phones, it's a pretty sealed bag.

I'll let it dry (if it is even wet at all!) then see what's what.

Nope, well the outside did obviously. But it's got two layers. It's one of those ones that goes under the saddle.

Probably going to Bristol Apple store tomorrow after work.

They fukin better! They gave a free replacement to some guy on here who dropped his whilst pissed, so I think having a phone in a place which I know is ok (based on previous phones) isn't asking too much.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I suppose battery life depends on how you use it and how long between using it. I generally use my phone for 5/6 hours within 20ish hours from taking off the charge and it's down to around 20%.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
They fukin better! They gave a free replacement to some guy on here who dropped his whilst pissed, so I think having a phone in a place which I know is ok (based on previous phones) isn't asking too much.

:eek:

I think you'll be sorely disappointed. Water damage they are not good with.

I'm not sure if today was a particularly wet day where you are or your bag is tosh, but under the saddle being splashed with water is the last place I'd want a £500 handset!!!! Wrap it in a nice thick microfibre next time or something!

ah yeh forgot it was you ;)

Well I'll just say the home button isn't working. If they spot the damaged screen, which isn't THAT bad, then so be it.