ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4S - Read post #1 before asking questions

Will you be buying an iPhone 4S

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  vauxhall corsa vxr
64gb for me on 12 month plus my employee discount, iPhone 4 sold and now using a blackberry which is gash only because i have the sim adapter or id be stuck for a phone

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
64gb for me on 12 month plus my employee discount, iPhone 4 sold and now using a blackberry which is gash only because i have the sim adapter or id be stuck for a phone

Got my mircosim in an old D900, had to take the phone apart to wedge it in, but it works!

BMW F31
Scrap the good comment. Just spoken to O2 and they have stopped the fast track early upgrade to customers under £40pm spend!! Ba5tards!! And there was me thinking they were starting to look after existing customers!!

Arseholes!! I was wondering why that option had disappeared! I was one over £40 until I dropped it a few months back. oh well they obviously don't want our money!

Got to wait until the 24th Nov to upgrade now, by which time i'm going to go on the simplicity tariff and sack of the thought of giving O2 any more money at the moment!

BMW F31
My other half will want the iPhone 4 now as hopefully the prices will reduce.

Does anybody know if O2 are going to drop their prices? currently, compared to the 4S the phone cost works out more for the 4!?

M135i
Does anyone know when they actualy will dispatch the first lot ? ( I ordered at 9 o clock so should be in the first batch).

I'm guessin they won't take out the payment till the dispatch it ?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone know when they actualy will dispatch the first lot ? ( I ordered at 9 o clock so should be in the first batch).

I wouldnt have thought it matters when they are dispatched.

They will have an agreement with their chosen couriers to deliver them all on Friday I would expect.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Just been into the o2 shop at Meadowhall to be told I can't upgrade till January because they've stopped the fast track option. I'm gutted!

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

I wouldnt have thought it matters when they are dispatched.

They will have an agreement with their chosen couriers to deliver them all on Friday I would expect.

A) They have them already and will send out for delivery for Friday (Unlikely)
B) Apple will dispatch and send them out directly to the customers of each network (Even more unlikely)
c) Networks will receive the phones on friday and then they will send them out for delivery next week onwards. (Most likely)

Inferno 182 CUP
What about if you physically pre order in a store?

I have 2 pre ordered from Orange at £20 each (refunded on collection) - assuming I'm high on that pre order list .. I'm 11 & 12th .. do you think they will get them in store on morning of 14th?

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
What about if you physically pre order in a store?

I have 2 pre ordered from Orange at £20 each (refunded on collection) - assuming I'm high on that pre order list .. I'm 11 & 12th .. do you think they will get them in store on morning of 14th?

If they don't get them until the morning of the 14th I HIGHLY doubt they will have them in stores on Friday!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
B) Apple will dispatch and send them out directly to the customers of each network (Even more unlikely)
c) Networks will receive the phones on friday and then they will send them out for delivery next week onwards. (Most likely)

I presumed we were talking about orders direct from apple...

Has this been posted yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
  M135i

I've preorder straight off apple and bought it sim free, so it will be apple who send out the phone. Reason I ask is I don't have enough in the bank till I get paid on tuesday :/

If it's anything like last year, they will send on Thursday, and it'll be delivered on Friday (launch day) via courier. (This is the reason I've gone sim free from Apple again).

All stores will have stock delivered to them late Thursday/early Friday ready for the queuing masses.

Ph1 T
been offered an early upgrade for 300 pound and the new iphone for 36 a month 600 mins unlim texts 500mb net good thing is sold phone got now for 280 :) orange been decent for once

Inferno 182 CUP
i just did the same .. sold my 4 for £280 to mazuma .. and then upgraded early for £255 pockets £25 for a big mac too ;)

2014 Clio 200t edc
My other half will want the iPhone 4 now as hopefully the prices will reduce.

Does anybody know if O2 are going to drop their prices? currently, compared to the 4S the phone cost works out more for the 4!?

The chap I spoke to in O2 today said the 8gb 4 will drop to free on a £32 pm contract, and the 16gb 4 will be free on the next one up, £37 pm?

Citroen DS3 DSport
Will sell my 32gb black iPhone 4 to Mazuma this week although if it can sell for over £300 privately I may do that instead. I'm not convinced I really need a 4S but I can't resist a update. Will buy white.

Citroen DS3 DSport
The chap in the O2 store was talking out of his arse then as there is no 8gb iphone 4 only 16 and 32.

No he is correct. Apple will scrap the 16gb and 32gb models and the only iPhone 4 available will be 8gb. Happens with the release of every new model.

Citroen DS3 DSport
16gb and 32gb will still be available from what ive been told, just releasing an 8gb.

Maybe until old stock is sold but Apple have said the 8gb will be the only model going forwards. Sim free from them is already only 8gb.

BMW F31
The chap I spoke to in O2 today said the 8gb 4 will drop to free on a £32 pm contract, and the 16gb 4 will be free on the next one up, £37 pm?

The iPhone 4 8GB Prices are up online already actually, it's not as he told you.

The 16GB version prices I'm hoping they drop though.

DB.

BMW 440i
Might have just pre-ordered one :eek:

Paid for by some recent photography bits and bobs. Owning an iMac and MBP it just makes the most sense really.

Haha, Same here.

iPad 3 is next on the card when the it comes out, don't need one at the moment, but coming into summer and going back to final year of Uni, Im sure i will make use of it!

Rav4
Will sell my 32gb black iPhone 4 to Mazuma this week although if it can sell for over £300 privately I may do that instead. I'm not convinced I really need a 4S but I can't resist a update. Will buy white.

Such a loss of money :( 1/2 of the RRP of what it was bought for.

Depends where and when you ordered.

If you were in the first batch from Apple then you'll get it Friday. It says dispatch is 1-2 weeks now.