ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4S - Read post #1 before asking questions

Will you be buying an iPhone 4S

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Righty, just got off the phone from Orange after asking them for the best deal-

Iphone 416gb- Phone free, 400 mins, unlimited txts and i think 750mb of internet = £32.40 p/m

Iphone 4'S 16gb- Phone £99, 400 mins, unlimited txts, and i think 750mb of internet = £32.40 p/m

24 month contract deal. What do you think?

Mental getting the 4.

More mentalerer geting it for 24 months.

24 months isn't an issue if you're happy with the deal/monthly cost.

You can always sell/upgrade the phone sim free.

Mercedes
Just Looked at the Google spread sheet thing and it says the True cost is £719 So £499 for the Phone But i will still need a sim only deal which is min of 25 for what i want so i am better off taking the upgrade.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
What delivery estimates are you guys getting from apple?

If you ordered this morning like some of us, then its saying despatch before 14th Oct (and still is, I just logged in to check)

If you order now its 1-2 weeks wait.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Had Apple process 2 orders as the website messed up so just had to cancel one. Fingers crossed they haven't cancelled both of them!

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
But i will still need a sim only deal which is min of 25 for what i want so i am better off taking the upgrade.

i used to have a T-Mobile SIM only plan, £15/month (rolling monthly too, so like a 1 month plan, can get out whenever) had unlimited (2000) mins, unlimited (2000) texts and 4Gb data (think its now 500mb). I went to it after my contract ran out before i got the 4. Was a standard plan, so i'm sure other providers will do similar

DB.

BMW 440i
Oh i do love just receiving a £650 tax refund after just lumping out for a new iPhone 4S. Got home thinking that was a bit of a whack, but it will be worth it, then realised i basically got it for free lol. Tax was refunded from 09-10.

Need to get a screen protector sorted, not sure whether Im going to get a case or not.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Going to order the 4s through Orange this afternoon. I spoke to them before as i wanted insurance, £12 p/m they said. Spoke to sainsburys (thats who i have home insurance with) and added personal cover on to my policy at £3.00 a month cost, which covers me and the the g/f etc. Looking forward to getting it now :)

Mercedes
i used to have a T-Mobile SIM only plan, £15/month (rolling monthly too, so like a 1 month plan, can get out whenever) had unlimited (2000) mins, unlimited (2000) texts and 4Gb data (think its now 500mb). I went to it after my contract ran out before i got the 4. Was a standard plan, so i'm sure other providers will do similar

Those days are long gone, the Sim only rolling contract are roughly 25-27 per month.
T Mob
TM.jpg

O2
O2.jpg

Im more than happy with my deal.

16GB White. £100 cash back with quidco and the voda pre order deal combined.
Phone cost £139. 12 months @£51 (with a friend providing a little discount on the line rental)

Barely costs me more than getting it sim only, plus i have a year of service!

Sounds familiar.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Vodafone better be good, or im going to find you and kill you.

An orange one
Has anyone sold a phone back to o2? They are offering £266 for mine but how quick does the money come back?

Vodafone better be good, or im going to find you and kill you.

Apart from Voda 3G being down for two weeks, I've not had a single issue in a good seven years. And a certain admin deserves more praise than he sometimes gets.

It'll be a challenge. He's got protection from lions and giraffes.

(He hasn't even seen my picture and it took me hours :()

If the lion and giraffe point was aimed at me, you've lost me. But that's not a difficult feat.

I meant JD.

He was my inspiration, i could never kill Ben.

I'm touched.

... Rather than posting again; will the 4S suffer from the same "you're holding it wrong" antenna issues? I haven't personally experienced it, but it has been bumpered since new. The question is, if it will, will Apple release the same "free bumper" App as they did last year?

Has anyone sold a phone back to o2? They are offering £266 for mine but how quick does the money come back?

Quoting Vodafone from when I enquired, Colin, instant credit as soon as the phone is received. But worth the time taken to get some photos and a description up on eBay to be honest chap.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Quoting Vodafone from when I enquired, Colin, instant credit as soon as the phone is received. But worth the time taken to get some photos and a description up on eBay to be honest chap.

This, or sell it on here, there's a few at the moment though, and you need to be a proper member. Should still make over £300 though.

Rather than posting again; will the 4S suffer from the same "you're holding it wrong" antenna issues? I haven't personally experienced it, but it has been bumpered since new. The question is, if it will, will Apple release the same "free bumper" App as they did last year?

Apple has changed the antenna in the new iPhone 4S so that the cellular radio in the phone can choose between two antennas, depending on which one is sending or receiving signal best. These two antennas are part of the stainless steel band that wraps around the sides of the iPhone 4 and the new 4S. On the iPhone 4 this band is split up into several antennas so that one piece does Wi-Fi, another does GPS, another does Bluetooth and still another does cellular.

But on the new iPhone 4S, the (GSM) cellular antenna is divided up into two pieces. So if you apply the death grip to attenuate to one piece of the cellular antenna, the radio will, in theory, switch to the other piece that isn't being gripped. So you'll have have to apply a Double Death Grip squelch off cellular service to the new phone completely. That move is usually seen only on Star Trek and in pro wrestling rings

Struggling at anything over £300.

By the time you take off PayPal and eBay fees, trade in looks a good deal.

I was going to do the same but I'm selling it to Rasclart instead. He said he'd pay extra if I include pictures of my nipples.

An orange one
Yeah for iPhone 4, just checked Envirofone and it's actually £270 for 16gb!

My OH already had a White iP4 so no joy there, also I'd probably end up just giving her it as a present in that case,

Honda. Tesla Someday
If anyone is looking to recycle their iPhone 4, (preferably black, 32GB), then please let me know?