ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4 - Visual Voicemail (O2)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Is anyone else having problems with visual voicemail?

Everytime I go into VV it asks me to set it up (To retrieve voicemail, first set a password and greeting) I do this and save the settings.

The next time I turn the phone off/on and go into VV it asks me to do it all over again. I've done this many, many times now and thought if I actually recieve a voicemail message it may sort it out, I did, it hasn't.

FFS!

Help?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Ok, i had this issue with my stepmums i4

Basically;

1. Dial 901
2. if it asks for a pin, set one.
3. Restart the phone
4. Open visual voicemail (Make sure you have decent signal)
5. Set greeting
6. Done.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Cheers Tom, still no joy though I'm afraid.

On entering 901 it didn't prompt for a pin. So I reset my pin in the menu for good measure, power cycled the phone (a few times) and its still making no difference.

Not to hijack too much, but when I press Voicemail, it goes to my voicemail - not to settings/setup. And it doesn't have a (1)/(2) etc for voicemailsnot listened to, I just receive a text . . . Is that just a Vodafone thing?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Is your tarrif an iphone one?

Yes (i 'upgraded' from a simplicity contract though) which should have had visual voicemail as std but didn't (don't know if this is likely to cause an issue)

merdesa
Normally it sets this up automatically and asks for your voicemail pin. Check under settings->phone->change voicemail password. Use your voicemail password you have set up if normally calling into a number (Ex - Verizon is *86).

If that doesn't work there was a bit of an issue on the iPhone 4, which required a couple of voicemails before being prompted to enter in your password pin. So, you can always try to leave yourself a couple of messages and try to retrieve them on your phone until prompted.

Once it is set up though you should be able to click the message under the voicemail tab and you'll see a play triangle on the left hand side of the message to play the message. Good luck.