ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't be hard would only be a girl or a limp wristed shirt lifter with a white one, even a smurf like you should be able to take em down.

BMW F31
Just got an email from apple, ordered my White bumper the evening when job's announced free bumpers, they are going to send it to me for free.

Revels I assume you'll be in the same boat :D

Barge
Yup. Works fine. But restore before you do it, Needy. Or just wait for 4.1. That can't be tooooo far away.

Ah, think I'll leave it. It would require using the laptop and I can't be arsed to do a restore, it takes yonks. Possible weekend task if I get bored. :) Has it made any difference?

Danke.

1.8 Civic EX
just got this e-mail...ordered and paid for the bumper a few weeks before the phone was launched, got it all on release day...

Dear Ryan,

Apple recently announced that iPhone 4 customers who purchased an iPhone 4 Bumper are
eligible for a full refund.

As of today, we have automatically processed your refund. You have also been refunded for any
Shipping or VAT charges which may have been applied to your order.

If you paid via credit card, please allow 3-5 business days for the refund to reach your account.

Thank you for choosing Apple.

Sincerely,
Apple Online Store Support

BMW F31
This Is what mine said;

Dear Nick,

Apple recently announced that iPhone 4 customers who purchased an iPhone 4 Bumper
are eligible for a full refund.

As of today, we have updated your existing Bumper order and it will ship at no charge.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
iphone 4 boned.

iphone 4 is being a complete r****d!

noticed the other week it decided to turn it self off, thought it was just a freak thing...

however today unless its plugged in... it turns it self off when you do anything on it... i can slide to unlock... i can press the phone icon, i can dial a number... then it turns off... can press facebook... soon as i refresh it turns off, i can have a phone convo for 10 seconds then it turns off... you get the picture!

gutted because i love the phone... looks like a trip to apple it is! hopefully get a straight replacement which is lucky as i managed to put a small scratch on the screen too lol.

Lol. You're just a danger anyway. Apple will swap it anyway. The logs will show that it crashes.

Ah, think I'll leave it. It would require using the laptop and I can't be arsed to do a restore, it takes yonks. Possible weekend task if I get bored. :) Has it made any difference?

Danke.

Mines been fine all along.

I'm on 4.1 now and it's fine.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
another repair for those people having trouble with the so called death grip :)

tumblr_l5wti80EaX1qzpwi0o1_500.jpg

Please tell me you can buy those for real!

Pmsl...you actually can!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/52058857/iphon-end-call-now-sticker-stops-signal

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
mines really starting to mug me off now, cuts people off after about 15 mins on the phone, all signal just drops then call fails. n seeing as i make about a hour call every day this is quite a problem. had to call someone back 5 times yesterday!!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I think that white iPhone4 looks awesome. Definitely getting one with a green bumper! Just sold my free Desire for £300 so good to go :) Not sure whether to just get the 16GB though, not impressed with the camera but it would mean I could carry some extra music...

More challenging to manufacture, for just a different colour plastic? Maybe they're trying to solve the antenna issue then bring the white one out once its sorted.

Abarth 500 Essesse
Not too sure where i heard it or wether its complete bull, but i was under the impression that the proximity sensor was difficult to manufacture in white and that was causing the delay.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
They need to implement in 4.1 a feature where you can choose if an app runs in the background or if you kill it when exiting to sort out some battery issues and stop you accidentally leaving GPS on and killing the battery in a few hours

MINI FJCW
Not sure if this has been posted before but,

I bought a bumper from the Apple shop in MK, and just gave them a ring in order to see how to go about getting a refund.

The response was that you have to give the bumper back to them and they then give you a refund. Then you have to order another bumper or case of your choice from the Apple app on the iPhone. Bit long winded but i suppose you get a brand new bumper.

Also dont worry if you've thrown the packaging away as she said thats fine.

BG 182
They need to implement in 4.1 a feature where you can choose if an app runs in the background or if you kill it when exiting to sort out some battery issues and stop you accidentally leaving GPS on and killing the battery in a few hours

This is my thoughts exactly, multi tasking doesn't really work for me

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Not sure if this has been posted before but,

I bought a bumper from the Apple shop in MK, and just gave them a ring in order to see how to go about getting a refund.

The response was that you have to give the bumper back to them and they then give you a refund. Then you have to order another bumper or case of your choice from the Apple app on the iPhone. Bit long winded but i suppose you get a brand new bumper.

Also dont worry if you've thrown the packaging away as she said thats fine.

lol, WTF? I bought mine from an Apple Store and as long as you paid by credit/debit card you should automatically be refunded.

Enter your Apple ID in here and follow the instructions to enter in your card number:

https://iphonebumper.apple.com/WebObjects/BumperRefund?loc=en_US

Status
Not open for further replies.