ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4/iOS4 Info (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  E87 118d M Sport
I'm not getting rid of the best phone on the market, bar none for an issue that doesnt affect me, but I can replicate (i.e. there is a defect).
Doesnt bother me at all. I honestly thought Apple would have replaced models for those who can replicate it (which in their figures is bugger all).
They did it for the 3GS....
What are they guna do if I complain....nothing. So "take it back/don't keep it" isnt really a valid comment.

Gizmodo etc have made the problem worse. But the fact remains that some phones aren't perfect.

Mine/Chris'/Toms are all fine. No problems. But there's still a lot of people that aren't saying that. I don't want a shitty case, which is what's going to come. I like mine naked.

Interesting he said up until 30th Sept though. Clearly a slight revision planned..

BMW E46 330i Touring
Lol @ the Q&A:

Q: I can't get my Bold to drop right now, maybe you can show me how to do it?
Steve: You may not see it in certain areas.

E87 118d M Sport
Gizmodo etc have made the problem worse. But the fact remains that some phones aren't perfect.

Mine/Chris'/Toms are all fine. No problems. But there's still a lot of people that aren't saying that. I don't want a shitty case, which is what's going to come. I like mine naked.

Interesting he said up until 30th Sept though. Clearly a slight revision planned..

Nail on the head mate. It would make sense to allow anyone with a problem go to an apple store and replicate the issue to the staff (like you had to show them that the casing on the 3GS had cracked) then you get a replacement.
If you/tom/chris cant replicate it, you dont get a new one cuz yours is fine.

A month to implement a manufacturing change on mass production sounds about right.

172 Cup
10:43AM Ryan from gdgt: You showed people almost covering the entire phone in their hand, but on the iPhone 4 it can happen with just a touch. Can you explain that difference?
Bob: When you touch the phone, you put yourself between the signal and your phone, so when you touch that spot you can attenuate the signal, and if you grip it with your whole hand, you can attenuate it even more. We don't build phones with an antenna on top...

Hmm, that didn't really sound like an answer to us.

lol

I'd say it was a bad move by apple to show other smart phones doing it when you literally grab them in a way that you just wouldn't in normal use.

Just wish they would admit the design of the antenna and the phone makes it much more susceptible to the issue than other smart phones.

They clearly aren't going to give away free bumpers either. They'll never have the stock. So it will be some cheapo replacement made by someone else.

E87 118d M Sport
10:40AM - Q: Any changes for future antenna designs in iPhone?
A: Steve: We’re still working on this — we’re happy with the design. … we’re getting a lot of reports from customers that it’s way better than the 3GS. I don’t know what our next antenna design will be — maybe our wizards in the antenna lab will come up with something better. But looking at the data, we don’t think we have a problem.

sums it up. "we dont have a problem"

BMW E46 330i Touring
It's what they mean by case - that's the bumper. Or an "alternative" if they haven't got stock = some cheap brand knock-off.

Nail on the head mate. It would make sense to allow anyone with a problem go to an apple store and replicate the issue to the staff (like you had to show them that the casing on the 3GS had cracked) then you get a replacement.
If you/tom/chris cant replicate it, you dont get a new one cuz yours is fine.

A month to implement a manufacturing change on mass production sounds about right.
+1

The same with any fault, on any phone. If you can prove your's is faulty, they should replace.

My 3GS never cracked, so I never got a replacement.

Tesla MP3 2021
"We're going to send you a free case. We can't make enough bumpers. No way we can make enough in the quarter. So we're going to source some cases and give you a choice."

If anyone wants a free bumper, just order it and then next week, claim a refund.

That's what I've just done. I don't want no cheap knockoff thing.

Q: On the September 30th date, is that to let people know that you'll have to buy a case?
Steve: Not really, we'll reevaluate then. Maybe we'll have a better idea. Maybe Eminem will come out with a band-aid that goes over the corner and everyone will want that.

<3 Steve.

BMW F31
If anyone wants a free bumper, just order it and then next week, claim a refund.

That's what I've just done. I don't want no cheap knockoff thing.

Yeah reading the notes from two other sites, he is basically saying they wont have bumpers but you can have some cheap tat.

i wonder of there is a cut off point for the refund on the bumpers? i guess like you, if you order one now, then you can get a refund.

The fact I ordered it 5mins after he said they'd be giving a refund is irrelevant. Lol.

It's 3 weeks wait for anything other than black. I'll see what happens next week and I may even cancel this one.

BMW F31
True just looking at macrumours white bumper on black iphone, its pretty sexy! problem i have is i have to choose whether to use this or my sena case, think i'll get one and chop and change.

good shout from apple, i hope they do actually find a fix for it though otherwise i'm guessing they're going to be handing out a lot of free cases.

BMW F31
Just ordered my White Bumper, weird it said it would be just over £30 including shipping, then when got to checkout it was only £27 incl. shipping.

just gotta wait 3 weeks now lol.

BMW F31
why u buying it if its free ??

because they have already said they wont be able to offer the bumpers but different cases, if you buy a bumper you get a refund, so if you want a bumper, buy one then get a refund.

like Revels aid earlier, i'll see what cases they offer up next week and either keep or cancel my order.

182 ff
because they have already said they wont be able to offer the bumpers but different cases, if you buy a bumper you get a refund, so if you want a bumper, buy one then get a refund.

like Revels aid earlier, i'll see what cases they offer up next week and either keep or cancel my order.

thanks millsy got ya now

dk

911 GTS Cab
Lol @ those dodgy stats of peep who have complained to apple.

Most people wouldn't as they read the web, know it's an issue everyone (or a lot of people have) can have and were waiting for apple to make an official announcement of what they were hoeing to do.

So of course the numbers are low, that's the Internet for you. Using those figures to say very few people have issues is laughable. And giving away a cheap case is funny, we'll admit there's an issue, but we baronet prepared to give you a free decent case, we'll make a small gesture and provide a case no-one will really want anyway as it will probably cover up more of the phone.

I like revels idea, order one and claim it back. Also interested to know what's going to happen after sept 30th, maybe the bumpers will mysteriously come into plentiful stock........

Status
Not open for further replies.