ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4 Insurance

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Ok like alot of you I bought a Sim free iPhone 4, I gave o2 insure a bell today and got hold of a manager to verify a couple things to get cover through them once again.

Firstly you need to fax them proof of purchase which isn't a problem. The premium will be £15 a month and in the case of a claim you get a brand spanking phone (which for me is a must)

Unfortunitely this is were I got put off, any phone you receive from them will be LOCKED to the o2 network and whilst the unlock service will be running again this could cause problems in the long run.

I'd prefer not to use Lloyds TSB insurance again after a crap service I got 4 years ago so is there anyone else I can use that will replace the handset with a new one if damaged etc? I don't like recon stuff to be fair.

Any recommendations?

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've insured my new iPhone with my Santander Premium Account, I grudge paying o2 £15 per month.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
I went online this morning and updated my cover with my LloydsTSB Gold account.

I had a NIGHTMARE with them when I had an N95 so won't be touching them again. Probably just my luck though so don't worry.

Plenty of companys come up when I google for something but sod trusting them lol

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Unfortunitely this is were I got put off, any phone you receive from them will be LOCKED to the o2 network and whilst the unlock service will be running again this could cause problems in the long run.

You could always use that to try and haggle the price down, if you are an existing o2 customer

Citroen DS3 DSport
o2 offered to keep me on the £7.50 per month plan that I had been paying until buying my iPhone 4 but I would not receive the full value of my handset if I claimed. £20 per month to upgrade my bank account is a better option as it includes far more benefits including breakdown cover.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I've insured my new iPhone with my Santander Premium Account, I grudge paying o2 £15 per month.
Whats the excess on that, thinking of upgrading since the benefits seem really good for the money

Slow red one
Does the insurance through banks cover accidental damage and all that? may ask mine, alliance and Leicester as they are part of the santander group now.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I don't bother with insurance, £15 a month, flol?

All these years I've never paid for it and never needed it, should I ever have to buy a replacement I'd still be quids in, same with road side assistance (another thing I've never paid for)

TOUCH WOOD ;)

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1

All these years I've never paid for it and never needed it, should I ever have to buy a replacement I'd still be quids in, same with road side assistance (another thing I've never paid for)

TOUCH WOOD ;)

I had 3 x 3GS's in 11 months lol. O2 insure were absolutely great. Call up late night and new phone with me 1st thing in the morning! Can't fault them which is why I'm still tempted to stay with them even if I get a locked iPhone from o2 back.

Abarth 500 Essesse
hmm, £15 a month and £75 excess is a little excessive. My bank only covers you up to £300 and has a £35 excess. Any other ideas anyone?

DB.

BMW 440i
02insure are £15 a month for me now (Was £7.50 until i claimed)

with a £25 excess.

SLK250 CDI

TOUCH WOOD ;)

+1, 30yrs roadside assistance FOC FTW. ;)

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Apparently our home insurance with Lloyds won't cover it either because we only recently joined them lol

Sorta thinking we should have kept everything with barclays now

Citroen DS3 DSport
Whats the excess on that, thinking of upgrading since the benefits seem really good for the money

I only received my policy details today. £25 excess for any successful claim. Worldwide cover against loss, theft, breakdown and accidental damage and £1000 cover for unauthorised calls. Repair or replacement of your phone if it is damaged or breaks down outside its warranty. The handset can not cost more than £800.