ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS7 - Features/Screenshots

BMW E46 330i Touring
You've a 5 with iOS7 installed? It'll be turned on by default. It's fairly subtle but should be pretty obvious with any wallpaper.

Cup In bits
Yeah a 5 and I just updated it the other night. I followed rich-d's instructions with different wallpapers but no joy. Tried resseting the phone a few times too.

Its not the biggest deal it just makes me wonder if I'm missing anything else from the update.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The browser is really crap now. I hate the way it's constructed. Gone back years! Really poor.

Any decent app browsers for my 5?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Thinking of getting a used iPad, is it just the 3rd Gen ones that seem to be having issues?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Anyone noticed if you press today in calendar on year view it doesn't show "today"

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
It doesn't, because oct, nov, dec don't appear on the screen unless you scroll down.

Right, don't know whether this is really iOS 7 related, but has anyone had any issues with airplay recently?

I have. When I try and stream any video from my iPhone or iPad to my Apple TV, it now stays on the spinning loading bars for an eternity - then plays about five seconds of video then decides to only play the audio.

It's seriously doing my nut in!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Right, don't know whether this is really iOS 7 related, but has anyone had any issues with airplay recently?

I have. When I try and stream any video from my iPhone or iPad to my Apple TV, it now stays on the spinning loading bars for an eternity - then plays about five seconds of video then decides to only play the audio.

Is you ATV jailbroken?

Polo GTi

Mines does the same.

But I'm using raspbmc on a raspberry pi for airplay. They apparently have changed a few things in iOS 7 airplay and it's broke in raspbmc/xbmc

But I would of thought this would of only been a problem with non official airplay boxes/software and not with a standard Apple TV?

Any iOS 7 device only plays audio on my xbmc, my 4th iPod touch on ios6 still works fine as it did.

Have you tried playing with the airplay settings on the ATV? They added direct streaming and it tends to buffer slightly more

I hadn't, purely as I was thinking it was more something to do with the device the video was being sent from.

However, unless I'm being really stupid, I can't see anything like that in the airplay settings...

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
What software version are you running on the ATV?

Play from iTunes in the Cloud (Apple TV software 6.0 and later)Use this setting so the Apple TV will play purchased content from iTunes in the Cloud rather than directly from a device using iOS 7 or later. This setting is set to Auto by default.

• Settings > AirPlay > Play from iTunes in the Cloud > Auto

Try turning it to off.

Last edited:
Yeah, I tried that - even though I'm not doing anything with iTunes in the cloud. It made no difference. I'm running 6.0.

However, this morning it worked fine again - after a week or so of being annoying. Odd.

Clio Mrk 3 1.2 16v
If you are having problems with your phone. You should try and restore from scratch. This will fix any problems you may have. If it keeps happening after you restore from a backup. Then it is the back up which is corrupted so u need to restore the phone back as a new iPhone.

The music player is f**king dogshit.
Crashed four times while trying to make a playlist, playing the wrong tracks when selecting other tracks.
Still showing as I downloaded even though they are.......

I could go on.

I also experienced a few bugs with downloading from the store. I wouldn't worry. It will be smoothed out.

Software is pretty complex. Even with beta programmes it's simply not possible to make everything perfect upon general release.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
LOL'd

pbooz.jpg

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Oh and as for the music player, it works fine for me, but I want the old album browser back, where you flicked through like pages in a book

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Winds me the f**k up, as far as I can see I can't add a whole album to a playlist. Only track by track, which is great fun on a 40 track running CD when I'm just heading out the door. Quent.

Polo GTi
My 5s, crashes loads at least once a day, random times, sometimes in camera roll, sometimes in messages, facebook, myfitnesspal etc. I can sort of deal with it with 3rd party apps but the stock iPhone apps isn't great.

Either the app crashes and bombs out or the whole phone reboots itself.

Ideally don't want to restore and set up as new, I setup the 5s as an iCloud backup from my 4, which incidentally was a clean phone from the week before. But if I have to I have to, thats what Apple are going to tell me to do if I book an appointment.

I'd like to think its a faulty phone, but I'm swaying more to it being iOS 7 which means I have to put up with it until its sorted.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
My 5s, crashes loads at least once a day, random times, sometimes in camera roll, sometimes in messages, facebook, myfitnesspal etc. I can sort of deal with it with 3rd party apps but the stock iPhone apps isn't great.

Either the app crashes and bombs out or the whole phone reboots itself.

Ideally don't want to restore and set up as new, I setup the 5s as an iCloud backup from my 4, which incidentally was a clean phone from the week before. But if I have to I have to, thats what Apple are going to tell me to do if I book an appointment.

I'd like to think its a faulty phone, but I'm swaying more to it being iOS 7 which means I have to put up with it until its sorted.

My 5S is the opposite, hardly any issues, just a couple of times where an app has frozen & ended, IIRC Instagram usually, other than that fine.

There are updates coming for iOS7 & apps all the time, so this instability should get sorted soon

Polo GTi
It's a pain but I can live with it but I'd rather not.

It does seem unfinished to me iOS 7. I realise it's almost a complete overhaul but it's buggy as hell

Like I say I can accept third party apps crashing but camera and messages is a major issue

I haven't seen this issues on my iPad with iOS 7 mainly because I don't use messages and camera enough to see any problems on the iPad.

iOS 7 seems a lot more stable on my iPad at the moment. Albeit a lot slower

Pics from the diagnostic page on my phone, lots of low memory

2013-10-29125240_zps588de060.png

2013-10-29125248_zps9552c7f7.png

2013-10-29125253_zps2e0bc3ab.png

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Restore 7.0.3 doesnt have to be a new restore. You can do it from backup.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
i'd just sync/back it up when do a restore then restore from back up.

Apps crashing is surely not necessarily always the fault of iOS 7? It's up to devs to ensure their apps are stable. They've had 7 for quite a while now.

Obviously there are lots of ins and outs. Bugs and incompatibility problems are not unexpected with the biggest change to the OS since 2007.

No. I guess not. Not having any real problems here. Certainly nothing crashing. Perhaps Safari has bombed out maybe twice since the general release.

An orange one
Had my 5S since Saturday, miss my ios6 tbh!

Not had any problems, just feel that the whole look is a big step backwards :(