ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS7 - Features/Screenshots

I would have said that its one area that has seem vast improvements. Swipe to go back is a particular feature that is awesome. Its much faster than Safari of old.

Whats not to like?

I fail to see any speed difference at all, but I do see;

• It's too white
  • Only the first part of URLs show up when you're on a site
  • you cannot type the first few letters of an address and get a list of previously sites that don't just end at .com etc (The 'what's new' section on here is a good example; I used to go straight to that, now I have to go through ClioSport.net).
  • The .com/.co.uk button has gone when entering urls - more annoying on iPhone.
  • The crappy little blue progress bars on the bottom of tabs
  • Swipe to go back. Would be fine, if mistiming it didn't bring up the control center.
  • How each tab opens with bookmarks. You may be able to change this, but I don't want it..
  • It's too white

E92 325D
BUvhF3gCcAAUpzq.png_large.png

I know obviously when dunked it has to shut down circuitry so obviously it will have to reboot etc, but I stuck mine in water and then took it out over three mins ago now as a test and its still not turned back on?

How long does it take? I need to send an urgent text.

:lolup:

I fail to see any speed difference at all, but I do see;
  • you cannot type the first few letters of an address and get a list of previously sites that don't just end at .com etc (The 'what's new' section on here is a good example; I used to go straight to that, now I have to go through ClioSport.net).
  • Swipe to go back. Would be fine, if mistiming it didn't bring up the control center.
  • How each tab opens with bookmarks. You may be able to change this, but I don't want it..

Create a new folder in your bookmarks that is empty, go to settings, Safari and Favourites, select the folder and you should get just a blank screen. Although you could use bookmarks in the same way the new tab page works on Safari/Chrome for desktop and that would mean you could have the Whats New section showing up with quick access, as with other pages you regularly visit. It's a change but quicker once you have it setup.

Not had any issues with the swipe and it bringing up the control centre, one is a swipe from the left and the other is a swipe from the bottom so unsure how thats happening.

With the .com/.co.uk thing you can blame the unified search/address bar. They included the key in the first beta but the amount of times you hit it instead of space was ridiculous. Maybe a bar above the keyboard with the popular TLD's that people use.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
BUvhF3gCcAAUpzq.png_large.png

I know obviously when dunked it has to shut down circuitry so obviously it will have to reboot etc, but I stuck mine in water and then took it out over three mins ago now as a test and its still not turned back on?

How long does it take? I need to send an urgent text.

Assume you're trolling chip? Did I miss something else in the thread to make this funny or have you actually dunked it in water?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Slower on my old iPhone4, not enough to be that annoying though. Ive also had my phone reboot itself after receiving a picture iMessage, the 'top bar' with the clock battery life etc disappear until rebooted, and my phone fail to ring although I got a missed call alert.. fixed by a reboot as well. I know the iPhone 4 is old but all of those issues are fairly major lol. Luckily each has only occurred once at present :) All in all I like it minus the gash looking pin unlock screen.

Create a new folder in your bookmarks that is empty, go to settings, Safari and Favourites, select the folder and you should get just a blank screen. Although you could use bookmarks in the same way the new tab page works on Safari/Chrome for desktop and that would mean you could have the Whats New section showing up with quick access, as with other pages you regularly visit. It's a change but quicker once you have it setup.
Ahh. I should have checked in Settings first really, shouldn't I? - set it to something a tiny bit better now.

.com is there just long press .
So it is! Seems daft to hide that away though.

Alas, still not keen...

SQ5
It's the same with emails, only one way works to delete.

And TRASH pisses me off no end, change to delete!

BG DCI
Ha.

Thing is, I half expected Apple to make use of that technology by now. Maybe they will..

This is very exciting..

There was a massive internet hype over a similar product that literally repelled the water.. Im sure someone can post the video. It was amazing!

Last edited by a moderator:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
This is very exciting..

There was a massive internet hype over a similar product that literally repelled the water.. Im sure someone can post the video. It was amazing!

Im guessing you mean rustoleum neverwet?

Which coats everything in a milky white finish and wears off in no time.

Video did look epic, but was on white clothing etc for a reason, lol.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Went into the ape store today after smashing my 5 on the floor by accident. Free good will gesture replacement. Anyway, new phone was running ios6, looks amazingly mank now compared to ios7!

Genius Bar chap said they've had loads in complaining of battery issues since upgrade, they're refusing to change handsets though

SQ5
Update out

Fixes bugs that could allow someone to bypass the Lock screen passcode
Reintroduces a Greek keyboard option for passcode entry
For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222

Although copying that also allowed me to cut it?!?

edunyhy2.jpg

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
What's this Greek pass code thing?

my only gripe with ios7 is the control panel popping up when you're scrolling through pages. It pauses whatever you have playing in YouTube too the b*****d

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
My iPhone 5s is brilliant for battery. Auto App update, Bluetooth and Airplay are always on.

Impressive, I've been waiting for some real life 5S battery life results, might be tempted to upgrade now...

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Impressive, I've been waiting for some real life 5S battery life results, might be tempted to upgrade now...

If its battery you're after its defo an upgrade from the 5. And noticeable too.

Unlike,
"Our new OS is 1,000,000,000,000.00 times faster than the previous model"
. Can never tell the difference.