ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS7 - Features/Screenshots

Clio 1.2 16V
Mines not showing as update available? In running ios7 latest beta, ebay's not been right since about June ish!?

You need to redownload the GM .IPSW and update through iTunes, its not OTA. Running quite nicely on my 4S and iPad 3 now!

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
If your an idiot and can't work Google, you shouldn't be installing GM. There's step by step guides littering the internet on both where to download and how to install, on both Windows and Mac.

Had a day running 7GM on my Iphone and Ipad now and works great, worth updating just for instant torch access via control centre lol Also like the fact we can now have custom vibrate.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
If your an idiot and can't work Google, you shouldn't be installing GM. There's step by step guides littering the internet on both where to download and how to install, on both Windows and Mac.

Had a day running 7GM on my Iphone and Ipad now and works great, worth updating just for instant torch access via control centre lol Also like the fact we can now have custom vibrate.

Custom vibrate has been available for ages, no?

TBF if you've been using the various betas up until now, why wouldn't you upgrade to the GM at the earliest opportunity?

There is at least one in here who seems to be desperate to get it without having a clue how to. Seems to be the trend on other forums as well.

Yeah true.

iOS 7 is such a radical change that it's making a lot of people impatient. First time I've signed up to the developer program. Basically most people should leave it alone until it's properly available.

Really digging it now. Runs sweet and, touch wood, Safari doesn't crash randomly anymore. There's still quite a delay when choosing wallpapers though.

This is on iPad BTW. I'm not doing iPhone until general release and iTunes 11.1, otherwise I'll lose all my music which I play in the car.

Inferno 182 CUP
Sweet new wallpapers in the GM.

Shame I've bricked my backup until iTunes 11.1 is out, but that's no big deal.

iTunes 11.1 comes as part of the dev iOS programme mate so if your registered get it downloaded .. Mine updated to GM fine nothing lost. iPad and iphone

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Really digging it now. Runs sweet and, touch wood, Safari doesn't crash randomly anymore. There's still quite a delay when choosing wallpapers though.

This is on iPad BTW. I'm not doing iPhone until general release and iTunes 11.1, otherwise I'll lose all my music which I play in the car.

Just alt+update on the GM, no need to restore.

Ah thanks chaps. Seems I went partial r****d.

Anyway I now have iTunes 11.1 beta 2 and I'm restoring my pre-GM backup, which by the looks of things keeps my system at GM, not beta 6. Happy days.

Megane 225 F1
Just installed on my phone and I'm loving it. Was worried it would be laggy but it's the opposite. It's more responsive. I have started fresh though because I had so much crap on my old iCloud backup.

Notification centre is quite cool. I like how it shows upcoming events for tomorrow. I saw somewhere that it also suggests you go to bed early if you have a busy day tomorrow.

I don't like how they've removed the quick tweet feature from notification centre though.

CLS320 with a D6
Lubricated the gm into my 5 earlier and seems much snappier. Safari doesn't crash right before the money shot too, which is a bone us. I like how the over lay of graphics on the lock screen actively uses a contrasting colour to the wallpaper so it doesn't blend in

#magic

Megane 225 F1
It was set to be on automatically for me.

But in settings, notification centre, you can select what you want to show. For some reason it comes under today's summary.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I've got something now, its only a sentence or 2 though.

used to be nice having a picture as a quick glance

Megane 225 F1
Oh I see. I never used it because I didn't like having my notification bit used up by the weather.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
I've got something now, its only a sentence or 2 though.

used to be nice having a picture as a quick glance

Likewise, much preferred symbols with weather rather then a sentence telling me the weather. Couldn't have made it anymore dull, "There might rain, there might not"

Fully lush.

302289a8138a531243efc2307a8e66b0_zpse279e648.gif

Clio 197
For those of you using the dev version, what will happen release day, will you be given the option to 'upgrade' to the public release? Just curious really.

Revels Mum & Sister
Just installed on my phone and I'm loving it. Was worried it would be laggy but it's the opposite. It's more responsive. I have started fresh though because I had so much crap on my old iCloud backup.

Notification centre is quite cool. I like how it shows upcoming events for tomorrow. I saw somewhere that it also suggests you go to bed early if you have a busy day tomorrow.

I don't like how they've removed the quick tweet feature from notification centre though.

I would be highly concerned if a GM build was Laggy seeing as that is basically it for a General Public release next week.

Going to pop it on there tonight. BETA 6 has been good though. Odd App crash and hopefully Ebay update the App soon... Will pop this on the PAD as well I think.

AK

M240i
Safari swipe to oh back a page is a bit annoying. Done it a few times by accident whilst scrolling a zoomed in page.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
I would be highly concerned if a GM build was Laggy seeing as that is basically it for a General Public release next week.

Going to pop it on there tonight. BETA 6 has been good though. Odd App crash and hopefully Ebay update the App soon... Will pop this on the PAD as well I think.

beta 6 was better on battery for me and the visual signal seemed better, the gm seems smoother still but battery isnt lasting as long, however come public release i will do a full restore and see if that makes a difference.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
ios7 battery life is far better on my 5. i have found though that it drains a lot quicker if you leave apps running in the background now

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I never close apps running the background, unless it's one that plays music, or makes a noise etc, there should be close all button IMO

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
its so easy to close them all now though anyway.

normally the ones i have running in the background are chrome, shift app, etc. etc. nothing too drainging. but i left wheres my water 2 game running last night and it drained double what it normally would over night

Looking forward to Whatsapp getting an iOS 7 makeover. The crappy 6 UI is a bit jarring. Especially the old keyboard. Ewwww.