ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Intermittent Wipers! Help!

Hi

Just got back off my hols, after leaving my car for a week, cant remember whether I left the wipers on or not. But when I put the wipers on intermittent now they dont work. If I pull the stalk down so that there on permanent, they work, and they work in the last two settings of the intermittent, just not the first two!

Also just before I went on hol I had the UCH replaced, didnt know whether that had anything to do with it?

Thanks

Volvo S60 T5

I recon the UCH was configured incorrectly, plenty of setting for that system and wiper intermittant is one of the options.

Bet its been set to Variable wiper intermittant without when it should be set to with.

Take it back to the place that fitted it and get them to check the config.

But it still works on the last two settings of the intermittent, just not the first three, could this still be the problem?

Ok, Cheers for your help, its already the third UCH theyve put in, it was renault wolverhampton, so ill take it back there, its just they always say "if it turns out to be something else, theyll be a diagnostic charge!"

Volvo S60 T5

What the hells been up with it to have 3 UCHs, OK they do fail but not that often:eek:

Tell em to give it to an RTE to check out if they have not done so before.

Well I was having some random problems with my car, took it to one renault garage and they said they had tracked the problem down to the UCH, £400! So I thought ok, if its going to solve the problem, thats fine. But it didnt at all, by this time they had already had my car two weeks without a courtesy car, so I decidedid take it to a different renault, where they said the same and replaced it under warranty. And as soon as I drove off the forecourt I had the same problems, so I took it back, they had it for another week and then found out that someone had put the wrong spark plugs in, and they were misfiring and f*cking up the computers. So now all those problems are fixed, but I have this little problem with the wipers.

And in the ed they said the UCH never had to be replaced at all!

But also, I argued about the UCH and got a refund, so if I now ask them to check the configuration, will they charge me?

Volvo S60 T5

No they wont charge you and dont let them as its not your fault if its been set up incorrectly and it only takes 10 mins to do anyway.

BUT if it is something else then they may charge but I dont think it will be.

BTW Im a reno tech.

I wondered why you had such good knowledge! what garage are you at? So you cant think of anything else it could be then, cause im sick of them having my car, I just want to get it fixed once and for all, and hopefully not pay!