ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Intermittent poor brakes on 182

clio 182
Most of the time my brakes on my 55 plate 182 (cup pack) are great, but occationally when I jump in the car they are seriously rubbish. I'm pushing really hard and not a lot is happening. After a fair bit of pumping the pedal, they get going again. But it is a worry.
I first thought it was the very cold weather we were having. But it happens now and again in the fair weather too.
Could their be air in the system - do they need bled?

cheers

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Check your CV joints, if they leak grease they can spray cv grease on the discs and cause imtermittent poor braking!

clio 182
Yes, from cold, after I've used the brakes a few times, they get good and never get poor again (on the same run)

Clio 183
I had i similar problem with mine, good thing to check is the servo vacume pipe. As they can collapse on themselves due to the heat from the exhaust manafold thus stopping the vacume to the servo. It goes into the back right hand side of the inlet manafold.

2003 172
It's also worth checking that your caliper slider pins aren't seized/sticking as this will cause poor braking.